Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Alarm

Options
  • 06-02-2014 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hey guys,

It's me again!

I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

The external SABB on my house has stopped working. The siren no longer sounds and the red LEDs are not working/flashing. Its an Astec fusion system.

I am thinking it's a fuse gone as the strobe still works and flashes when the alarm activates. The one thing that is strange is that the keypad shows external bell tamper open when trying to arm. (It's closed and I even tried to bypass it)

Any suggestions on how to fix it would be appreciated. I cannot see a fuse on the panel or sabb. The SABB is all hard sealed [silicon] so could the fuse be behind it?

Here is a link to some pictures of the system that might help:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dtj6v9aja8n9agu/TRruq2Gpqj

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need to check is there power getting to the bell.
    If there permanent 12 volts dc between the bell + & the BHO
    When activated is there 12 volts DC across the bell + & bell -
    Also check these voltages at the panel outputs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

KoolKid wrote: »
    You need to check is there power getting to the bell.
    If there permanent 12 volts dc between the bell + & the BHO
    When activated is there 12 volts DC across the bell + & bell -
    Also check these voltages at the panel outputs.

Thank you, I will check this evening.

Hey,

Just tried it there, The first time I tried, it had 12V then the second and third time 0V would come up. When activated there is also 0v.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What terminals were you getting 12 volts across? & where were you getting zero volts?

Basically if there is 12volts between the + & BHO then a negative applied to the bell negative or strobe negative will activate them respectively.

KoolKid wrote: »
    What terminals were you getting 12 volts across? & where were you getting zero volts?

Basically if there is 12volts between the + & BHO then a negative applied to the bell negative or strobe negative will activate them respectively.

I'll get up the ladder this week and take another look and see what's happening. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement