Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

entitlement to see information in file

Options
  • 06-02-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,
    A relation of mine works in a manufacturing company, and last week the company received a complaint from a customer about a faulty product. The part in question is produced on the line my relation works on, and he is one of a number of people who could have made it. His line supervisor accused him of being at fault without any proof and sent an email to the production manager re the fault. Another employee saw the email and told my relation that he was blamed in it. His supervisor refused to show my relation the email.
    My question is does he have any right to see the email to see what exactly was said about him? When he asked his supervisor he was aggressively told that he is not entitled to see it but that it would be kept on file. The issue is ongoing.
    thanks,
    phil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

If he makes a data access request they will have to provide him with all details held on file about him whether digital or on paper. So yes he can access it. But the company does have up to 40 days to provide it after the request. Check the data protection commissioners website for more info if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭phildenny

thanks for that. website is very useful, didn't know such a thing existed.

Advertisement