Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil brand choice

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

sandydan wrote: »
    ...about one person in ten can catch an electric fence wire and take no notice of the shock...

I can do that. Anyone can, as long as it's a battery fence. A mains fence designed to keep a Whitehead bull back from it, on the other hand... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

i have a gallagher s60 and an old neighbor joined the wire one day to save me trouble of walking back to shed,when he spotted it had cracked,i was actually using a tester and it registered 5t,as he joined it he was hopping as the shocks were hitting him ,but he joined it and said that he aften did it,another fella where i delivered fertilizer opened the fence wire by standing on stone with left leg and putting right foot on top of left foot, told me it was foolproof way of avoiding shock , i tried it like a fe***g eejit and nearly lost me dentures when i caught the wire :eek::eek: ,a still remember him laughing like a lunatic at me, i think it was big cheta mains fencer he had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

jimgoose wrote: »
    No mineral oil is good for you, and ingesting any of them should be avoided. Used oils are particularly full of nasties, some of them carcinogenic. Most hydraulic fluids are nasty too. Smell-wise it could be a lot worse. In the '70s most Japanese motorcycles arrived from Japan with the forks full of fish-oil. This got interesting about 20 years later when people started rebuilding/restoring old Jap classics and dismantled the forks for the first time. :pac::pac::pac:

i guess there wasn't any rust,or a rush for fish and chips for a while either::rolleyes:

Advertisement