Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminding cost

Options
  • 07-02-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, wondering if anyone can help me.i want to know the approximate cost of a childminder who would come to my house 4 days a week 7.30 till 5 pm.I have 3 kids ages 8, 3 and 6 months.the person would need to be able to drive and bring the 8 year old to school and the 3 year old to play school.i honestly have no idea how much this would cost so would really appreciate if anyone could help me out.we are in the nAas area

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dolly31 wrote: »
    Hi there, wondering if anyone can help me.i want to know the approximate cost of a childminder who would come to my house 4 days a week 7.30 till 5 pm.I have 3 kids ages 8, 3 and 6 months.the person would need to be able to drive and bring the 8 year old to school and the 3 year old to play school.i honestly have no idea how much this would cost so would really appreciate if anyone could help me out.we are in the nAas area
    As it is in your house Min wage applies and you must pay her PRSI , I reckon you would probably pay her about 10 euro an hour + petrol .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

It's 9 1/2 hours so 39 hours for four days €380 and if you add petrol round it off at €400 or €420 depending on how far the schools are.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

I'd come to an agreement with the childminder if I was you 380 is way too much for 4days work I dont even get that in 5days and I work in a creche. Usually its 5euro per child per hour discount 2nd child so 7.5euro for 3 children 10 euro. So remember one is in preschool so is away and the 8 year old is away for a few hours. That's usually childminding fees. I think its cheaper to stay at home and I've only 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dolly31

Thanks to everyone for your replies.everyone seems to be saying about €400 a week which is a lot of money so suppose decisions need to be made!the 8 year old will be gone from 9-3 everyday and the 3 year old gone from 9-12 3 days a week.there would be a good bit of driving involved too so we' ll just have to see.thanks again all

Advertisement