Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Paper White Book Titles not appearing

• 07-02-2014 1:37am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine has just got a new KPW and in the list of books some of the titles are appearing as "John Smith's Item no 1" etc. Opening them reveals the book but it is a nuisance. They are all properly purchased kindle books from Amazon - no documents or anything else - has anybody experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

dub45 wrote: »
    A friend of mine has just got a new KPW and in the list of books some of the titles are appearing as "John Smith's Item no 1" etc. Opening them reveals the book but it is a nuisance. They are all properly purchased kindle books from Amazon - no documents or anything else - has anybody experienced this?

I haven't had this exact problem but I have seen 2 solutions offered for similar issues - one is to click on Settings (the three lines), click Settings again on the list that appears there and go to Restart - it takes a few minutes.
    The second option involves loading the books onto Calibre, deleting from the Paperwhite and reloading from there.
    If all else fails, converting the AZW format to Mobi (needs Apprentice Alf software because of the DRM) solves all problems I have experienced with the display and metadata of books.

Advertisement