Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licencing question

Options
  • 07-02-2014 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I recently bought a cz .22 lr and need a bit of help with the licence form

I used to be a member of a target shooting club and previously had a shotgun licenced that way

I traded my shotgun to buy a .22 for shooting rabbits,

1. I currently have one permission to shoot one with roughly 50 acres, do i need more land for the licence

2. Do i need to put charachter references even tho i had a firearms licence before

3. What is a valid reason for needing a moderator, the land i have permission on has live stock

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

1. I currently have one permission to shoot one with roughly 50 acres, do i need more land for the licence
    It's generally two permissions or membership to an authorised range.
    2. Do i need to put charachter references even tho i had a firearms licence before
    Yes.

If it's a new application then references/referees are needed each time.
    3. What is a valid reason for needing a moderator, the land i have permission on has live stock
    What ever you need it for. If that is for livestock, reducing recoil, hearing protection, etc, etc. Only you can name the reason for needing it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

I recently bought a cz .22 lr and need a bit of help with the licence form

I used to be a member of a target shooting club and previously had a shotgun licenced that way

I traded my shotgun to buy a .22 for shooting rabbits,

I've often heard that a moderator is needed so as not to frighten horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Ye I also heard that when using a mod you can be more aware of your surrounding when out hunting because you don't need to wear hearing protection.

Don't know if that applys to you doe only you can judge that.

Doe if your using your rifle for targets and hunting be sure to put that on your form. So your able to do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Better not to mention targets, as far as I am aware. Rabbit hunting perfect reason for silencer, as rabbits graze in groups, and a silencer allows a second or subsequent shot at another target. This is one of the reasons stated in your Super's guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Better not to mention targets, as far as I am aware. Rabbit hunting perfect reason for silencer, as rabbits graze in groups, and a silencer allows a second or subsequent shot at another target. This is one of the reasons stated in your Super's guidelines.

If you mention targets, you must be a member of an authorised range and provide proof of this. It's illegal to do target shooting outside of an authorised range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

If you only have one permission you will have to join back up with the range. If you can get more land and permissions that would be the way to go.

Advertisement