Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Load unsafe script prompt

Options
  • 07-02-2014 7:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Occasionally when viewing in chrome I click a link from the homepage and the only thing that loads is raw text in Times New Roman. When I hit the security symbol in the address bar I get a hover-over description saying that "this page includes script from unauthenticated sources" (that symbol in the right, not the left) and the option presented "load unsafe script" - on clicking this, everything clears up and goes back to normal.

Just wondering if anyone has come across it and if this is a known issue or is there a potential security issue anywhere?

Issue doesnt seem to appear in MFF or IE9. However neither of these seems to look for a secure connection, where chrome is.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Move to site dev.

Should get a better answer to your tech issue here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Boards.ie: Alvis

Hmm... do you have any Chrome extensions that enforce HTTPS?

It's not a potential security issue, some of Boards doesn't work well with HTTPS and we're aware of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Hmm... do you have any Chrome extensions that enforce HTTPS?

It's not a potential security issue, some of Boards doesn't work well with HTTPS and we're aware of this.

That was the first thing I thought of, that my browser was somehow configured to force a secure connection - but I couldn't find anything that was responsible.

Will have a look later at what extensions I'm running. The issue isn't occuring here in work, also on chrome. Not worried about the issue, nor is it hard to work around, just curious is all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The only extension I'm running is adblock, as I thought. Nothing forcing a secure connection that I can see.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement