Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet/Study Space in City?

Options
  • 07-02-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hey all,

I need somewhere in Waterford to sit down with a laptop a few times a week for 3-4 hours in relative peace and quiet.

I'm not a student, so don't have access to WIT's library. Cafés here seem to be very against anyone staying longer than 30 minutes (even if you're regularly buying coffee and grub). I've tried the study space in the library (the room on the 3rd floor with desks in rows), but it seems to be mostly secondary school students?

Apart from sitting in Aldi's carpark, are there any co-working spaces/ hot desk arrangements in Waterford? Fumbally Exchange's €250 p/m price tag is very steep, considering I only need the desk 12-15 hours a week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

You can join the WIT library as a non WIT student. I done this when I was studying for my chartered accountancy exams and was handy. I think it's €40 for the year as a non student.

You just have to go in and ask the librarian fill in the form, pay the fee and go to the registry and get your photo taken for your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Any public library. They'll even allow you to plug-in the laptop - well they do in Cork libraries.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

Odats wrote: »
    You can join the WIT library as a non WIT student. I done this when I was studying for my chartered accountancy exams and was handy. I think it's €40 for the year as a non student.

You just have to go in and ask the librarian fill in the form, pay the fee and go to the registry and get your photo taken for your card.

Oh, that's a great idea! Thanks so much as I'd no idea it existed :)

And I don't know about any good 'study space' in the city library, other than that room on 3rd floor. But, like I said, it seems to be just for secondary students?

Anyway, delighted to hear about WIT library. Takes the hassle out of parking and everything :)

Advertisement