Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier service to the UK-London from Derry/Donegal

Options
  • 07-02-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

I'm moving to London on Friday 21st on this month and looked at renting a van to move my stuff over but it doesn't make sense with the cost of it as I don't have an awful amount of stuff I want to take over. I won't get my car until I get over there so that's out of the question too...

So can anyone recommend a fairly cheap, decent courier service or man with a van :P who would be able to take a few boxes over for me?

It would probably only be two or three boxes and I'd probably want them delivered on the weekend or to my new place of work on the week following.

Bound to be some people put there who have been in the same situation...checked online and there are numerous different companies just want peoples personal opinions on them!!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nitros7

Try here

http://www.shiply.com/

No obligations but essentially shipping your items is put out to tender

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

Cheers

I just set up an account on there and will see what happens with that

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭boxty

Also anyvan.ie

Haha a quote back of £165 from shiplu.com for 2 boxes weighing up to 25kg...naw you're alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Parcel motel also is a courier service might be worth checking their site.

• Advertisement

Just checked out parcel motel and that may work for me alright...They only allow up to 10kg however. but @ €16.50 a go I'd happily settle for that.

No idea how parcel motel works as my addresses are showing up as being in Dublin.

Anyway, how do I go about booking it??

I'll want to send then from a Parcel Motel in Derry/Letterkenny to one close to Enfield in North London....

Sorry haven't a clue as I just use them for receiving smallish stuff.
    They have package size limits on their site to fit their boxes. Video on their site showing how it works.

I think Nightline couriers are part of the same crowd. http://www.nightline-delivers.com/ROI/GBExpress.aspx

cheers for that just checked nightline and they've quoted me €50 all in so will probably go for that if nothing else comes up !!

That seems an ok price compared to the other which seems a bit of a ripoff. Best of luck and enjoy London. Don't forget to register with a local GP when you get over. No e50 a visit over there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

mcg1987 wrote: »
    cheers for that just checked nightline and they've quoted me €50 all in so will probably go for that if nothing else comes up !!
    I've used parcel 2 go for some silly big stuff, uk to uk is very cheap.

http://www.parcel2go.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement