Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank charges

Options
  • 07-02-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

So I got a bill for €5.00 in the post the other day. I've never seen it before, ever. I had until recently maintained a balance of over €3,000 in my current account, understanding this entitled me to 'free fees', yet now I see the website says a €5.00 quarterly maintenance fee (€20.00 per annum) applies to all accounts.

I want to know if this has always been the case, if so, for how long, or if not, when was this new charge introduced.

This is actually something I will find hard to afford. Thinking of finally moving my business after the awful experience my OH and I had with BOI and BOI Mortgages.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi sarkozy,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the quarterly maintenance fee and that you are considering moving your business.

In June 2013 Bank of Ireland notified all Personal Current Account holders that we were launching a new fee structure from the fee quarter starting 19/08/2013. We issued emails, for customers who we did not hold a valid email address for, a letter was issued by post to the address on file. There was also an interrupt message when logging on to 365 Online, a message printed on the bottom of statements, in branch signage and press notifications to advise of this change.

The notifications advised that customers availing of the No Transaction Fees Offer would be subject to the quarterly maintenance fee of €5 but would not be subject to Current Account Transaction fees.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement