Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EU youth guarantee

• 07-02-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what the situation is with the EU youth guarantee and why the government haven't drawn down on it yet. Is it lack of will on their part or are they being blocked somehow?.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Youth Guarantee for unemployed under 25 is delineated in this EU announcement. Finland appears to be the leader in this initiative.

Ireland
    : "Youth unemployment rate (September 2013) 28.0%. Implementation Plan: In preparation for submission before end of 2013. Ireland has launched a high-profile Youth Guarantee pilot scheme under EPPA and is committed to a meaningful implementation of the Youth Guarantee. Will seek to increase impact of current schemes."

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

Being from the UK I had experience of what this was in England.

I was made to work in Poundland (Dealz) for below minimum wage to keep my Jobseekers until I got offered a PhD studentship over here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Being from the UK I had experience of what this was in England.

I was made to work in Poundland (Dealz) for below minimum wage to keep my Jobseekers until I got offered a PhD studentship over here

I was asking for my younger brother , I have a friend who's doing a CE scheme , 'scheme' being the dead giveaway. An extra twenty Euros a week that's effectively cancelled out with transport. Seems like a technique to massage dole figures tbh. I was hoping that the YG would involve decently paid apprenticeships but I was prob being too optimisitc.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

Seanachai wrote: »
    I was asking for my younger brother , I have a friend who's doing a CE scheme , 'scheme' being the dead giveaway. An extra twenty Euros a week that's effectively cancelled out with transport. Seems like a technique to massage dole figures tbh. I was hoping that the YG would involve decently paid apprenticeships but I was prob being too optimisitc.

My PhD is actually funded by the EU from a project to get young people into science but I don't think it was that YG thing, one criticism I have with the EU is they aren't very proactive

Advertisement