Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day /night meter

Options
  • 07-02-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Living in a rural area and i have a meter box with only one meter reading on it, I work during the day so am only home in the evenigns and weekends so that is the only time i use electricity. I am been charged for the daily rate at all times and after getting a whopper of a bill am wondering is there any way to get a meter box with day/night reading on it? or where would i get one? who would i need to fit it if i actually got one?
    Any help/advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Night saver rates are from 11pm until 8am so unless you use a sizeable percentage of your electricity between those times there's little point. You have to pay your supplier to have a night meter installed https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/price-plans/other-service-charges.jsp

Generally people have night meters if they have storage heating.

You should look to get an energy monitor and try to reduce your usage using it as a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

it used to be a free install...are they charging now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

looks like it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

The monthly standing charge is higher as well, so the night usage needs to be significant to make the change worth while.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement