Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Preacher [AMC] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

finale?
    I thought that was next week?
    I thought it was next week too, episode 13 is listed on my planner for next week anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Oh right! Mine had only 12. It's updated now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This just isn't a good show. Im not sure if it got it's third season or not, but I reckon I'll be knocking it on the head.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, this just hasn't been translated to screen competently at all. There's so much in the comics that they could have made an epic show, but presumably the budget isn't enough to do what should be done.

I'd say by season 1, episode 8 I had finally detached it from the comic in my mind and was letting it do it's own thing. But I find season one, standing on its own two feet, terribly paced and dull for the most part.

I was actually looking forward to the show taking a decent run at it in Season two, doing its own thing and although I think it started strong, it really ran out of steam.

I too think it's budget has to be holding it back.
    I'm finally fine with it not being Preacher (it's really not) but there isn't a really a good TV show with what's left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

Grayditch wrote: »
    This just isn't a good show. Im not sure if it got it's third season or not, but I reckon I'll be knocking it on the head.

who cares don't watch it anymore and play with your beard , it's great off the wall

Ah yeah. I'll do what I want, like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Audience going below 1 million:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(TV_series)#Episodes

Feels like the Saint of Killers is the only major draw given he's like the Terminator but they are starting to soften him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

This season is such an effort to watch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

MargeS wrote: »
    This season is such an effort to watch...

It started off really great but went downfall alarmingly quickly and eventually went out with a whimper, despite a few individual good scenes with Herr Starr.

If it gets another season they'll just probably have to wrap it all up. Shame, but I wouldn't want to see it dragged out much longer at its current quality anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Waitsian

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, this just hasn't been translated to screen competently at all. There's so much in the comics that they could have made an epic show, but presumably the budget isn't enough to do what should be done.

Even without a budget why not just follow the comic storyline? I don't necessarily mean do it all, but at least follow the basic plot. It's all there! No instead they had to add characters, re-write seemingly all the dialogue, and even twist and bowdlerise entire plot lines. The tv show is rot. If I was Garth Ennis I'd be disgusted but sure, if he's happy with the cheque, so be it. :(

There's far better shows out there. This is just a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    who cares don't watch it anymore and play with your beard , it's great off the wall

What's great off the wall? Banging your head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have to admit, I'm pretty surprised by that. It's just not very good.

It didn't improve in Season 2, I don't think they'll pull off a good Season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 starts June 24th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ill have to watch just to see what Hitler gets up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Talisman

Curious to see if anyone is watching this now - I haven't felt the need myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Talisman wrote: »

Ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭corkie

Colin Cunningham has a role this season!
    a.k.a Julian Slink in SYFY's "Blood Drive"

MV5BMTgxNDc3NTM1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTAxMTcy._V1_UY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

He has a strong screen presence!

The season so far is only good.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Yep and it's been great so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Very different than previous seasons, but interesting insight into some backstory we were never really clear on. Enjoying it so far, but ready for them to ramp it up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Talisman wrote: »
    Ditto

Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

I'm enjoying it, plot has still to take off but love the characters as always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Haven't watched any of season 3, and was losing interest t towards the end of season 2. I'll wait till the long cold dark nights of winter to get back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Melodeon

corkie wrote: »
    Colin Cunningham has a role this season!
    a.k.a Julian Slink in SYFY's "Blood Drive"

MV5BMTgxNDc3NTM1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTAxMTcy._V1_UY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

He has a strong screen presence!

The season so far is only good.

Looks like he brought some of the Blood Drive machinery along too :D

I'm kinda waiting to hear what people's feedback is around the mid-way point. S2 was great for an episode or two, and then dwindled into absolutely uninspired drudge for the rest of the season....not unwatchable but pretty grim considering the source material is so rich.

As someone said above at this point I'm mostly interested in seeing what shenanigans Hitler is rustling up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

I'm kinda waiting to hear what people's feedback is around the mid-way point. S2 was great for an episode or two, and then dwindled into absolutely uninspired drudge for the rest of the season....not unwatchable but pretty grim considering the source material is so rich.

As someone said above at this point I'm mostly interested in seeing what shenanigans Hitler is rustling up.

Hitler storyline is in limbo as it is concentrating on angelville and on herr Starr. Is pretty good this season, the grandmother is not as decrepit as in the comics but is still well portrayed. Definite improvement on last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

zapitastas wrote: »
    Hitler storyline is in limbo as it is concentrating on angelville and on herr Starr. Is pretty good this season, the grandmother is not as decrepit as in the comics but is still well portrayed. Definite improvement on last season

Found the opposite, doesn't seem to be any coherent storyline, just meandering along with the grandmother bit and odd excerpts of the "Jesus" storyline and lot of obligatory fisticuffs
    Kinda losing interest - missing the angels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The main storyline is indeed very uninteresting. Cassidy story is the only funny/interesting plot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone else notice the footage of the Pride march going by the GPO?

Skerries wrote: »
    anyone else notice the footage of the Pride march going by the GPO?

Almost missed it - notice they blurred everyone's face out

Decent third season, consistently entertaining and a lot better than the second though by no means essential viewing. They've it set up very well now for one of the most iconic face-offs in the comic next season so hopefully that actually gets made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The back half was much stronger than the first half - I definitely felt that the writing felt very rushed towards the last few episodes in comparison with the very slow pacing of the first few.

• Advertisement

I loved it, last season was a chore to get through but I devoured this season, especially the last few eps, Cassidys storyline was great, I cringed when they brought in the vampire club thinking it was going to be just the same old cliches as in 50 other vampire shows but they totally subverted it, it was hilarious tbh.

Agreeing with the majority - first part of the season was getting boring (as I already said), ramped up now with more action and story
    Cassidy is definitely the highlight of the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

'I'm tired of chess, it's time to play some fu<king checkers' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,984 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for Season 4 (relocated to Australia)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Renewed for Season 4 (relocated to Australia)
    Interesting that filming is being moved to Australia. I wonder is it down to season being based there or cheaper to film there.

• Advertisement

Interesting that filming is being moved to Australia. I wonder is it down to season being based there or cheaper to film there.
    Have you read the comic? Big desert scenes coming up...

Thargor wrote: »
    Have you read the comic? Big desert scenes coming up...
    Ah OK, never read the comics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Playing catch up here, just finished S2. A bit of a chore buf i got there. Looking forward to looking at S3 and great to see its renewed for S4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Finished S3. I dont know what to make of this show anymore. I love the characters and will definitely watch S4 but its plot is just bat sh1te crazy... S1, S3, and S2 for enjoyment levels

Preacher has been cancelled. Season 4 will be the final season

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/1115300245775065088

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭nix

Preacher has been cancelled. Season 4 will be the final season

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status/1115300245775065088

Ugh, **** sake.. Will they even be able to do the overall story justice with just one more season? :(

Good question. Did they already have the season made before cancellation, or did they make it with cancellation in mind?

AMC released the first two episodes on there streaming site.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it coming straight to Amazon over here again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement