Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bay Tree ...Brown leaves

• 07-02-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

Have a large-ish sized bay tree in the back garden but its been looking a bit worse for wear for a year or more now....totally covered in brown leaves bar a couple of green ones at the bottom

Any ideas or suggestions to get it looking healthy again?

Also can anyone recommend a good grass seed and when best to begin spreading it?

MTIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Usually when a bay tree gets to that state (and it seems to me they frequently do) you will not have much luck reviving it. I have given up on Bay trees. Do you see any sign of new buds coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

Do you have any photograph? It sounds like cold damage. I've a bay that I bought a few years ago in a garden centre and it looks ragged like that. Then I've others that I grew from seeds that were collected from a healthy looking bush and they show no such damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

Is the bay tree in a pot?
    try moving to a sheltered area
    I had two out the front and never did anything (south facing)
    and leaves were dry and crisp and soil was always dry
    Out the back they are now and they have sprung to life

Advertisement