Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

two wining tickets

Options
  • 07-02-2014 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi guy i just want to know what happens if you had two lotto tickets and they had the same numbers but one, and all the numbers came out. would it be legal to claim on both wins?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Hi guy i just want to know what happens if you had two lotto tickets and they had the same numbers but one, and all the numbers came out. would it be legal to claim on both wins?

How would all the numbers come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

So both tickets have 5 of the same number yes? What do you mean all the numbers came out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

yes it's highly illegal and you could get up to 10 years in jail,

if you gave me the other ticket I could calim the winnings for you minus my 95% fee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

A trip for two to a vineyard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Do you mean if you won the jackpot on one ticket could you also claim the winnings on the ticket you got 5 numbers on as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You do know that the lotto is a pool of money which is divided up among all the winners, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eh?

Master of the Universe

Ah I know what he means.

Ticket 1 is;

Ticket 2 is:

The winning lottery numbers are;

Can you claim the main jackpot and then the smaller one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

You would be entitled to 2 shares of the jackpot. So if you are the only winner you take it all, but you would have even if you only had 1 ticket. But if there is another person with a winning ticket then you get 2/3rds of the jackpot and they get 1/3rd and so on.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah I know what he means.

Ticket 1 is;

Ticket 2 is:

The winning lottery numbers are;

Can you claim the main jackpot and then the smaller one too.

yes. Separate tickets.

Master of the Universe

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    yes. Separate tickets.

And the next question would be;

Are the main jackpot and the smaller prizes from the same pool of money, or two different pools?

If it's the same then you'd only be entitled to one.

If they're different pools then you'd be entitled to two lots.

Are the main jackpot and the smaller prizes from the same pool of money, or two different pools?

Don't they advertise guaranteed jackpots? That should be a different pot of money then.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Two seperate tickets, you would be able to claim both.

If both on the same ticket, you would only be able to claim the higher prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

You are only able to claim the highest prize. If this wasn't the case and you got the 6 numbers correct, then you would also win 5 numbers, 4 numbers, 3 numbers.

Although these boys tried something similar.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/how-to-make-a-killing-on-the-lottery-1322272.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Each line is a seperate entry.

So if you bought a ticket with 2 lines and both had the same numbers, if those numbers came up you would be entitled to 2 shares of the jackport.

If you had a ticket with

and 1,2,3,4,5,6 came up as the winning numbers (forgetting about bonus balls) you would have one jackpot win and one match 5 win

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There is a total prize fund, which is divided up into each category of win.

The winner then takes their share of the pool that they've won.

You can claim a prize for every winning line, it doesn't matter who owns the ticket. So if you had a jackpot win and a five numbers win, you can claim both. If you have 2 x five numbers tickets, and there are 3 five numbers winners, then you take 2/3rd of that pool.

Them's the rules of the game.

http://www.lottery.ie/Global/game-rules/lotto.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

alan4cult wrote: »
    You are only able to claim the highest prize. If this wasn't the case and you got the 6 numbers correct, then you would also win 5 numbers, 4 numbers, 3 numbers.

You're only able to claim the biggest prize on each line.

However if you have a second line with 5 of the 6 numbers drawn you can claim the 5 number prize on that line.

So if the OP had two lines with only one number different then he could claim the jackpot and the 5 number prize.

Thats not how it works. For each line, you win the highest tier prize. So if you match 6 numbers you get the prize for match 6. You dont get the lower tiers of match 5, 4 etc

If you have multiple prizes on multiple lines you are entitled to claim, as each line is a different entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    If both on the same ticket, you would only be able to claim the higher prize.
    That's not correct;
    No more than one Prize for a Play in any one Drawing

(a) The holder of a winning Ticket can win in only one prize category per
    single Play Panel
    in any one Drawing but shall be paid the highest prize
    won.

This is to prevent people claiming one of each prize for a winning line, as daheff mentions.

Each line on your ticket represents a "single play panel", so if every line on your ticket wins, you can claim once for each line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Two wining tickets? Are they two tickets to a wine tasting or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

basicly i bought a ticket with an 8 draw (4 week) play My numbers were for example 1 21 33 37 38 Lucky Stars 4 8 but by mistake i ticked off 1 21 33 37 40 Lucky Stars 4 8 by mistake. when i discovered my error i went to the shop to by my original numbers as i have had them for 14 months. So my original question is if 1 21 33 37 38 Lucky Stars 4 8 are the winning numbers can i claim on the 1 21 33 37 40 Lucky Stars 4 8 ticket as well for the 5 number win?

basicly i bought a ticket with an 8 draw (4 week) play My numbers were for example 1 21 33 37 38 Lucky Stars 4 8 but by mistake i ticked off 1 21 33 37 40 Lucky Stars 4 8 by mistake. when i discovered my error i went to the shop to by my original numbers as i have had them for 14 months. So my original question is if 1 21 33 37 38 Lucky Stars 4 8 are the winning numbers can i claim on the 1 21 33 37 40 Lucky Stars 4 8 ticket as well for the 5 number win?

Did you buy both tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Did you buy both tickets?

yes but to be honest i can get my wife to sign the other, right? is there a limit on how many in the house has a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

So you are basically telling us that you won the Euromillions Jackpot.

Quick check on Lotto.ie Says there was no winner of the jackpot when those numbers came out.

If you ever do a syndicate in work or anything. Do the same numbers yourself aswell. That way if it wins you get half the jackpot AND your share of the other half.

Mwahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

If you ever do a syndicate in work or anything. Do the same numbers yourself aswell. That way if it wins you get half the jackpot AND your share of the other half.

Mwahahahaha

I used to do that all the time :D:D

Never won a penny tho :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Always do the lotto plus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

is there a limit on how many in the house has a ticket?

No.

Advertisement