Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool -v- Arsenal [12.45pm BT Sport]

• 07-02-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭

Your match previews and fancy crests and graphics can feck off.

Less than 24hrs to go; predictions?

2-2 for me. I think Rodgers will have done his homework on what happened in the reverse fixture and Wenger plays the same no matter who we play. Can't se us keeping out Sturridge & Suarez. Equally though; with Agger/Sakho/Johnson/Enrique out I can't see us not scoring.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Depends on which Suarez turns up. He's like tired, in need of a rest and off the pace in the last couple of games and if this continues, I think Arsenal will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Liverpool have only beaten 1 team above them this season and it was Villa near the start of the season.

That said arsenal haven't been convincing against the big sides away.

Arsenal should dominate midfield, but Suarez and sturidge could run riot too.

Hopefully an arsenal win but I reckon a draw is on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Have Arsenal still not lost a game when Mertesacker and Kosclienty play a full 90mins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Have Arsenal still not lost a game when Mertesacker and Kosclienty play a full 90mins?

Its still true but its not one I'm a fan of given that they've lost 2 games when Koscienly's gotten himself sent off..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Liverpool have only beaten 1 team above them this season and it was Villa near the start of the season.

In fairness there are only 3 sides above them (and even less than 3 for much of the season) and they've played them all away from home. Bit of an empty calorie stat that one.

Oranage2 is never going to graduate from the School of WUM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

0-2 or 0-3 Arsenal

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In fairness there are only 3 sides above them (and even less than 3 for much of the season) and they've played them all away from home. Bit of an empty calorie stat that one.

I think he is referring to teams above them at the time of playing that team. I bet Arsenal have beaten very few above them as well apart from at the start of the season due to them losing to Villa at home.

It is a stupid thing to say though for any team who has been near the top of the table the whole season. I don't think it is in any way relevant to the game tomorrow. The fact that Liverpool have a bad record against Arsenal is more relevant however. I wouldn't take a draw if magically offered it now, although it would certainly not be a bad result. I'm hoping that Liverpool can have a spring in their step, in the same way they have had in most home games this season (Villa and Southampton being the notable exceptions), but Arsenal are a team that can hurt Liverpool, no doubt about that. No result would shock me tomorrow (except a thumping win for either side). Hopefully it'll be a very entertaining game anyhow, although entertainment for me is usually measured by my team winning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Score draw I think. Pool to go in front and Arsenal to equalise after lots of pressure, and then try not to lose the game.

1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

AdamD wrote: »
    Its still true but its not one I'm a fan of given that they've lost 2 games when Koscienly's gotten himself sent off..

He's only been sent off once this season. He's not even received a yellow card since the Villa game. He did go off injured against City though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mike65 wrote: »

Empty calorie posts are a great description of his attempts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

mike65 wrote: »

Possibly Mike, but you, I an everyone else that posts on the Arsenal/Liverpool boards know that he is not even close to the levels of one other poster when it comes to this...

Regarding the game tomorrow I think there is more pressure on Arsenal to go for the win.

Who this will suit I dont know but the key thing for Arsenal is to try and cut off the supply to Suarez and Sturridge.
    Very tough game to call but if our midfield is on their game I am hopefuly of a 2-1 for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wish Walcott was fit so we could see him go at Cissokho :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

@ Mike lol

Nowhere near as stupid as a stat I've seen you post earlier 9 results in 14. That one made me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Game is to be won in the midfield battle.

2-1 Arsenal.

Wouldn't be too upset if the game ended up a draw tbh.

That Liverpool strikeforce is just the ticket to grab a undeserved point or 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

GavRedKing wrote: »

They've lost in the CL when they've played a full 90mins.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ssc-napoli-arsenal-fc/index/spielbericht_2368486.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

We have a makeshift back line at the minute and Toure was god awful for us against West Brom. Im not just talking about the pass that lead to the goal, but his all round game was terrible.

Add in our left back being terrible and its far from ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Raf32 wrote: »
    Wish Walcott was fit so we could see him go at Cissokho :o

He isn't actually the worst defender. Maybe questionable positional sense at times but it isn't often you see players getting by him. Where he is absolutely awful is going forward. Villa didn't even mark him so he constantly looked a good out ball as a player in space but in reality it was a ploy from Villa to get the ball to him where the move would usually fizzle out or he go on some moronic run. He has no crossing foot which is a huge problem for a full back.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

greendom wrote: »
    He's only been sent off once this season. He's not even received a yellow card since the Villa game. He did go off injured against City though.

I believe that stat goes back to last season, where he also got sent off against City!

Anyone brave enough to predict the Arsenal midfield?

Arteta Rosicky/Wilshere
    Ox Ozil Cazorla

That's with Podolski on the bench too. Very hard to call outside of Arteta/Ozil/Cazorla, 4 into 2, Podolski the most likely to miss out.

I believe that stat goes back to last season, where he also got sent off against City!

Arteta Rosicky/Wilshere
    Ox Ozil Cazorla

That's with Podolski on the bench too. Very hard to call outside of Arteta/Ozil/Cazorla, 4 into 2, Podolski the most likely to miss out.

I would be shocked if Podolski starts.
    Wilshere only if fit.... If not then Rosicky in the middle and Ox on the right.
    If Wilshere is deemed fit enough to start I have a sneaky feeling he will go with Rosicky instead of Ox.

I think Arsenal will need to score 3 to win the game, so I'm going for 3 - 2 Arsenal win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Arteta Rosicky/Wilshere
    Ox Ozil Cazorla

----Arteta-Wilshere
    Rosicky-Ozil-Cazorla

That's what I want. Rosicky has to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think it promises to be interesting.

For most of my life playing Arsenal has meant having to accept they will have more ball and will dominate the middle third.

However, if Liverpool sit back I can't see us holiding out without Lucas and an entire back four missing. This team's strength is in attack and it may force us to be extremely cut and thrust.

Sitting back and praying we hold out whilst using Cout, Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez to attack at pace may work and it has worked plenty of times this season against lesser teams. I just worry we'll get one counter attack goal to every 2 Arsenal get with their domination.

Struggling to see if that post makes as much sense to everyone else reading it as it did in my head.
    Gonna stick with it regardless!

Could be anything really, wouldn't be surprised if it somehow ends up 0-0 but if I were doing a bet it'd be over 3.5 goals.

@ Mike lol

Nowhere near as stupid as a stat I've seen you post earlier 9 results in 14. That one made me laugh.

That's you coming right back at me is it? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

@ Mike lol

Why though. He was responding to posts suggesting Liverpool never get anything off arsenal. His stat proved the record isn't that bad against arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

God I hope Arsenal crush them, can't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Close the thread. Let superrush open a new one.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why though. He was responding to posts suggesting Liverpool never get anything off arsenal. His stat proved the record isn't that bad against arsenal.

providing you omitted all of Arsenal's wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

greendom wrote: »
    providing you omitted all of Arsenal's wins

If you read his original post he explained that. He has had to do it several times since.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've no idea why Arsenal fans seem to care about Mike's list so much? It's not like he was trying to prove we've given as good as we've got over the last number of years against Arsenal.

It really is arguing for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

2-1 to the Reds. No, the REAL Reds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I fancy arsenal to take this one. Need to keep Suarez quiet and it will only be a matter of time before we score.

Arteta to have a big game and cut off the supply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Arsenal to walk this, handy 3 nil win.

niallo27 wrote: »
    If you read his original post he explained that. He has had to do it several times since.

He did in fairness but one win in 13 is pants no matter how you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

High time we won a fixture of this nature. We have taken no points off any of the top teams this season. 3 points and a massive marker laid for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Four nil Liverpool. I'd take that.

• Advertisement

I fancy arsenal to take this one. Need to keep Suarez quiet and it will only be a matter of time before we score.

Arteta to have a big game and cut off the supply

I am guessing you are an Arsenal fan?
    Liverpool have scored 11 more goals this season that Arsenal, so surely it is only a matter of time before THEY score? And at home too...

As for Arteta, that bastian of defensive midfield play? Are you confusing him with Flamini, who will be badly missed IMO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dickerty wrote: »
    Liverpool have scored 11 more goals this season that Arsenal, so surely it is only a matter of time before THEY score? And at home too...

As for Arteta, that bastian of defensive midfield play? Are you confusing him with Flamini, who will be badly missed IMO?

Arteta > Flamini especially in these big games, was MOTM in the first match between these two imo.

Arteta, when on song, performs his defensive duties differently to Flamini, but he is no less effective. Similar to Mertersacker, his strengths are his ability to read danger and his positioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2-0 Liverpool

Raf32 wrote: »
    Arteta > Flamini especially in these big games, was MOTM in the first match between these two imo.

Not arguing about better or worse, but I think Flamini is better at disrupting a team's attack...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I am - My reasoning is that Liverpool are missing a lot of defensive players so I cant see Arsenal not scoring. I would rather have arteta than Flamini for this game as he is more likely to cut out the passes to the top 2 and not dive in and leave us exposed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

High time we won a fixture of this nature. We have taken no points off any of the top teams this season. 3 points and a massive marker laid for the rest of the season

If only they had stronger refs for those 3 games things might have been different

If only they had stronger refs for those 3 games things might have been different

Cant see how you can point the finger at the ref for the game at the Emirates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

ronjo wrote: »
    Cant see how you can point the finger at the ref for the game at the Emirates.

There was a stage when it was still 1-0 to Arsenal Liverpool were awarded a free kick out in the wing took it quick and scored which would have made it 1-1 but the ref called it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

it cant end 0-0 .

can it ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement