Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool -v- Arsenal [12.45pm BT Sport]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That was a joke of a last 25 minutes in that half. Rodgers out now!!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd be more embarressed getting thumped 4-0 in the 1st half
    Dunno what you're talking about, I've never heard of football.
    NukaCola wrote: »
    :rolleyes: that excuses his scummy behaviour alright
    We're really calling a late shoulder against someone 6 inches taller scummy behaviour now? Is that really what it's come to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Absolutely brilliant.

Haven't felt this excited about LFC since we last finished 2nd.

Fair fcuks to you Brendog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Wendolene

He should already be carded

True dat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Wilshere was lucky enough not to get booked, decent player but seems to have some tempermant issues when it doesnt go his way.

At least being 4-0 is getting a response from him, half the players dont look arsed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Disappointing last 25 minutes there, really need 5 just to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

200/1 for Arsenal win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It was a body charge for gods sake will ye calm down.

I would say biting someone and racial abuse ranks a little higher in terms of scummy behaviour over a innocuous foul.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

The day I pick to do OT in work. Cannot believe the scoreline. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

murpho999 wrote: »
    I would have found 4-0 hard to believe at full time let alone half time. Unreal.

After 20 mins never mind full time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

monkey9 wrote: »
    Four nil Liverpool. I'd take that.

Why settle? I'd take at list six.

And I do know posted it before the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If some Wilshere's size put me on my arse I'd be very embarrassed.

You never been off balance before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Kop on...it was just a pathetic Arsenal performance.

Yes. Dreadful display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

goal difference before game arsenal +26 Liverpool +29
    goal difference as it stands arsenal +22 Liverpool +33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Decent half from Liverpool, but would nice to get a bit extra cushion early in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

It was a body charge for gods sake will ye calm down.

I would say biting someone and racial abuse ranks a little higher in terms of scummy behaviour over a innocuous foul.:rolleyes:

Never realised Wishire did that too. Jaysus.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Wilshere was lucky enough not to get booked, decent player but seems to have some tempermant issues when it doesnt go his way.

At least being 4-0 is getting a response from him, half the players dont look arsed

Of course, on the flip side of that is the glare Gerrard gave him. Mickey Owen rightly thought of the possibility that SG might "leave a leg in" in the 2nd half.

Fair enough Stevie ... just don't get sent off ... please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

no goal in 20 mins ffs
    we need to step it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We're really calling a late shoulder against someone 6 inches taller scummy behaviour now? Is that really what it's come to?
    He's been putting in late and cynical fouls all through the first half. This is football we're trying to play, not WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Serious statement of intent from Liverpool

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I want a few more from us. Because I'm greedy and it would be hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

How classy.

I'll tell you what, you keep the high ground, I'll keep the win.

Dcully wrote: »
    You never been off balance before?
    I have. When it's happened in front of people I felt embarrassed.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hopefully we won't let Arsenal get a goal for even remotest sniff of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

David O'Leary sounds a bit 'awkward' in this halftime section so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

It is only half time, gents.

:(

Good player but a petulant child at times. Its not one challenge i'm talking about, its in his general game.

5starpool wrote: »
    Hopefully we won't let Arsenal get a goal for even remotest sniff of a chance.

Quit being boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

What's best about that half was 6 different players involved in those 4 goals and assists, rather than the normal reliance on the two strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

When did Dave Italia 90 start working with BT ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Coutinho has his mojo back. Sturridge didn't have to break stride for his goal, cracking pass.

Good player but a petulant child at times. Its not one challenge i'm talking about, its in his general game.
    I just find it funny that at 4-0 there are a lot of things Liverpool fans could be making jokes about, being superior about, and yet the one thing a few are picking out is Jack Wilshere being a bit rough. I just think Liverpool don't like it up 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Sturridge makes me wanna break the tv looking at him, Great start by Liverpool, Arsenal should be embarrassed, Ozil is one of the wateriest players I've seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

SM01 wrote: »
    David O'Leary sounds a bit 'awkward' in this halftime section so far.

Robbie God fowler and Liam Brady on BeinHD

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

spockety wrote: »
    It is only half time, gents.

:(

Agreed, any proper fan is still worried about being on the end of best comeback ever!

Hopefully Suarez will push for one for himself to seal it off. Certainly we'd want to keep them quiet for first 10 of second half so they stay in their box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I just find it funny that at 4-0 there are a lot of things Liverpool fans could be making jokes about, being superior about, and yet the one thing a few are picking out is Jack Wilshere being a bit rough. I just think Liverpool don't like it up 'em.

But the fans don't speak for the team so that's not a logical conclusion to come to.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Sturridge makes me wanna break the tv looking at him, Great start by Liverpool, Arsenal should be embarrassed, Ozil is one of the wateriest players I've seen.

He certainly isn't sparkling today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

'Don't like it up 'em'

Are you for real ?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But the fans don't speak for the team so that's not a logical conclusion to come to.

What conclusion? Literally no idea where you're trying to go with that.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    'Don't like it up 'em'

Are you for real ?

They always try and walk it in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If Ireland beat Wales after, Lloyd's fist will be locked and sticking up in the air for the rest of the weekend

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Heh, that's a bit rich considering Arsenals famous whinging team and manager. Gerrard can look after himself when required to, I'd expect Wilshere would want to keep his eyes open in second half after taking a cheap shot like that.

I don't ever recall that charge being levelled at LFC before. I think any thoughts on Wilshere are driven by an excited anticipation of him getting himself red carded ... but also the trepidation that he may take someones ankle with him :rolleyes:

Thats rich coming from an Arsenal fan :p

(if you are an Arsenal fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

monkey9 wrote: »
    That was a joke of a last 25 minutes in that half. Rodgers out now!!

Love the fact that on the half-hour mark he was giving out ****e from the touchline because they weren't breaking as quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yes but could they do it on a wet January night in Stoke?

copacetic wrote: »
    Heh, that's a bit rich considering Arsenals famous whinging team and manager. Gerrard can look after himself when required to, Wilshere would want to keeps his eyes open after taking a cheap shot like that.

Yep, Arsenal are the whingers. 4-0 and rather than point out how hilarious and pathetic that is it's "That big bully Wilshere knocked Stevie over. Terrible person so he is."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

They always try and walk it in.

But enough about the gooners...who have been shut down today by pressing , pace and generally not liking it up them.

Yep, Arsenal are the whingers. 4-0 and rather than point out how hilarious and pathetic that is it's "That big bully Wilshere knocked Stevie over. Terrible person so he is."

Whats pathetic about being ripped apart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If we get a pen will Stevie let Skrtel take it?

Advertisement