Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Age profile of red fm djs

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭obi604

As far as I remember a few of the Radio Friendly dj's came over to Red Fm in 1999.

Radio Friendly 104.6 fm was one of the most popular pirate stations in Cork

I still have old recordings on tape.

The groovy gravy show and the soul show were popular.

Stevie G and Greg and Shane were regulars along with a guy called Mucka.

I think Red Fm is a great station I live in the burren always getting a great signal in the car.

Aul stevie G ! He was mighty.

What is he at now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Stevie G has a couple of shows on red fm fri sat sun nights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

smurfs5 wrote: »

there's nothing wrong with having a few older presenters like Steve K and Andy Mac because they're both fantastic at what they do but in the case of Red FM, too many presenters in their 30s/40s and the station does lose a sense of youthfulness.

Best music station anywhere is BBC 6 Music, great new music on it as well as older, most of their presenters are late 30s/40s and even 50s. In popular music history a lot of the people who discovered great new acts (A&R and DJ's) where 20 or more years older, look at the late John Peel probably the best DJ ever, he was promoting and playing new bands like Joy Division etc when he was twice their age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭obi604

ofcork wrote: »
    Stevie G has a couple of shows on red fm fri sat sun nights!

Ah he is a gas man so he is, pure gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

As far as I remember a few of the Radio Friendly dj's came over to Red Fm in 1999.

Radio Friendly 104.6 fm was one of the most popular pirate stations in Cork

I still have old recordings on tape.

The groovy gravy show and the soul show were popular.

Stevie G and Greg and Shane were regulars along with a guy called Mucka.

I think Red Fm is a great station I live in the burren always getting a great signal in the car.

red fm launched in 2002 i think.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Advertisement