Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should an option to dive be added to FIFA?

Options
  • 07-02-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

Was stumbling and found this

Five Ways to (Actually) Make FIFA 12 More Realistic

I know its an old article an all but I'm just wondering on what people think about the idea of adding diving?

Diving, unfortunately, is a very big part of the (real life) game. But is it a part that we should forget about in video games?

Pro evo added it few years ago it was hard to do (had to press lots of buttons) and hard to get away with (very rarely won a free/peno).

I'm not saying it should be added, but just wondering what peoples opinions are on it? How would it be implemented? Is there already enough reasons to want to throw your controller across the room?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I actually enjoyed it in Pro Evo. Rarely ever got a penalty from it but you get great enjoyment if you get away with one.

Don't think FIFA will ever include it again though. Too much media coverage of the damage diving is causing within football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

No 5. (Diving) and No.4 (Wrong referee decisions) would do wonders for the replacement controller industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Incorrect calls and wrong offside calls could be interesting. Again something thats real in the real life game, but should it be real in the game. Maybe higher reputation refs make better calls more consistently or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Defo think there should be some incorrect decisions, would immensely add to the realism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Don't people already have a problem with ref decisions in game? Why add to that...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,797 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Why put the most annoying and worst parts of real football in to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Don't people already have a problem with ref decisions in game? Why add to that...

Yep, IMO inaccurate ref decisions are already implemented in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

awec wrote: »
    "parts of real football in to the game?

The answer is in your question!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

No chance, would be ridiculous to have it in the game, the same as handballs, you can't punish one player for something they can't really control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Can you imagine a drop in match in pro clubs. All the cams getting shot by snipers outside the box to win free kicks.

Plus Fifa would have to make it very difficult to do so you're going to be unsuccessful in winning a free kick/peno so you're going to get a card for diving. The amount of sending off's there will be.

Just wouldn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yep, IMO inaccurate ref decisions are already implemented in the game

Definitely, I've scored goals that were clearly offside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

ShaneU wrote: »
    Definitely, I've scored goals that were clearly offside

Probably a bug in the coding more than anything. Theres times I've been called offside in my own half and in Fifa 13 I regularly had the linesman run onto the pitch during an offside , fail to make the offside call and stay on the pitch after I concede unfairly. .... I only have about 2 working controllers out of 5 nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

The only sports video-game I've ever owned is Fifa '99 on the PS1.

It was fantastic to have the freedom to press L2 + L1 to dive or just L1 to commit an intentional foul, and to be able to set the referee strictness on a sliding scale from 0 to 100. Those were the days.

Bring back the unsporting behavior, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think it would be great to have the option to have them in , But saying that it should probably be turned off for online use as it would cause war, But it would be an interesting thing to have in friendlies, career mode etc

Advertisement