Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do all pubs have non-alco beer (Galway?)

• 07-02-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Heading out tomorrow but am driving so will leave the beer alone.
    However I don't want to sit drinking Fanta all night so thought I'd give non-alco beers a go.
    Will all pubs have non-alco beer?
    Is there a particular brand I should ask for?
    I assume it's safe to drive even after 5-6 of these yokes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

biko wrote: »
    However I don't want to sit drinking Fanta all night so rhought I'd give nonpalco beers a go.

Most biggish pubs will have it. i think its around 0.1% alc but you should check each time as you could accidentally get the alco version.

Paulanger is decent.

biko wrote: »
    However I don't want to sit drinking Fanta all night so thought I'd give non-alco beers a go.

Erdinger non alc(blue label) is the one I see around the most & most popular. I don't drink the non alc stuff myself as I loved the proper stuff far too much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Erdinger non alc(blue label) is the one I see around the most & most popular. I don't drink the non alc stuff myself as I loved the proper stuff far too much :D

I deliver booze and erdinger seems to be the most popular and most bars stock it,tried it Xmas eve and it definitely beats soft drinks,I've been told becks non alco isn't the nicest.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I've found most will have erdinger or becks. Personally i think erdinger is a bit heavy, but i never liked weissbiers anyway, and becks is a bit sugary or something. Personal preference is bavaria (claims to be 0.0%) but not too many pubs have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Erdinger is widely enough stocked these days. I try to avoid pub scene a bit these days but can't run from it tomorrow night so think I'll be asking for it myself, can only take so many lucozades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks guys, I'll ask if they have more than one type and try your suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So, found Paulander and Erdinger out.
    The Paulander was a bit sweet for my taste but towards the end of the first pint I kinda got used to it.
    The Erdinger was actually nice (I'm not a weissbier fan). If I have drive again that's what I'll stick to.

The benefits with non-alco beer over soft drinks is that I don't get a sugar rush after a while, and no-one actually notices you're not drinking since it still looks like beer.

Advertisement