Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can someone suggest the best way to maintain a light tan??

• 07-02-2014 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I have quite pale skin, I feel I look much better when I have a light tan. I'm willing to try practically anything. As far as I know, beds and spray tans are out of the question, as they always end up very dark. Am I correct in assuming this? I've heard of those tanning lotions that build up gradually, would one of them be what I want? If I'm looking for a light tan would I be able to only apply one of these every 2 or 3 days? Or would I need to apply it every day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

spa paradisa gradual tan is amazing - not too dear, smells nice and gives a lovely colour:

http://www.liquid3.com/spa/

i also love st tropez gradual tan moisturoiser - try the light one

http://www.boots.com/en/St-Tropez-Everyday-Gradual-Tan-Body-Light-Medium-200ml_37679/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I use the Dove Summer Glow and find it good at taking away the milk bottle effect. The Light/Medium one works well with Irish skin I find, about 3-4 days of applying it and the colour is noticeable against any other body parts you haven't applied it to. The darker one also works well but obviously it's a bit darker and requires more maintenance.

They do have a slight fake tan smell though once the initial perfume/scent wears off, so it's best to use them in the evening and then shower the residue/smell off in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan is nice and light after one coat. Moisturise lots and top it up once every 4 or 5 days and you should stay lightly golden. You can get it in Penneys for 7 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Thanks for the suggestions, the 1 hour tan product seems good, I'll give that a try. Sadly, anything with a fragrance is out of the question as I'm a guy, but if the 1 hour tan product doesn't work well, I'll try something else.

Advertisement