Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retirement from the Public Sector

Options
  • 07-02-2014 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi.

I have the oppertunity to retire from the public service this year and have my benefits calculated on a previously higher salary than current years as per Haddington Road agreement.. I will have accrued 28 years service at retirement.. I was not contributing to AVC's but have read about the last minute AVC/PRSA option and am considering investigating this.

We had a pension day recently in work but before i make contact with the company who represents my Union, can anyone advise me of what are the main issues with last minute AVC's - Pro's / Con's etc??? Possible providers to avoid / recommend etc...

Thank you for your time in advance - I am new to retirement issues!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sensitive1960

See P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭mosii

Hi im also thinking of leaving public sector,im in the defence forces,there has been rumours of a voluntary redundancy scheme, but none for the defence forces so far ,has anyone out there have any knowledge of any intended scheme,i would appreciate any news of this matter

Advertisement