Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router is crap... Should I buy a decent one

Options
  • 07-02-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Got efibre today....
    very dissapointed with the 10mb download...
    thats sitting beside the router,
    go into the next room and its 5mb download...
    go through a cpl of walls and its a joke....

is the router brutal...?
    should I buy a new router?
    i see the new asus is supposed be able send out a great signal..
    how wud u set up a new router

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

skstretch wrote: »
    Got efibre today....
    very dissapointed with the 10mb download...
    thats sitting beside the router,
    go into the next room and its 5mb download...
    go through a cpl of walls and its a joke....

is the router brutal...?
    should I buy a new router?
    i see the new asus is supposed be able send out a great signal..
    how wud u set up a new router
    Hi skstretch

The Zyxel modem is the only modem eircom offer I'm afraid. If you would like to explore alternatives you can do so and it they will work on the line but I'm afraid eircom will be unable to offer you another make or model.

Located in this link you will find some tips on how to improve your wireless: http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Improve-Your-Wireless/td-p/6181

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭skstretch

Hi skstretch

The Zyxel modem is the only modem eircom offer I'm afraid. If you would like to explore alternatives you can do so and it they will work on the line but I'm afraid eircom will be unable to offer you another make or model.

Located in this link you will find some tips on how to improve your wireless: http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Improve-Your-Wireless/td-p/6181

Thanks

Al
    Grand ye... is there a link to setting up another router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

skstretch wrote: »
    Hi skstretch

Thanks

Al
    Grand ye... is there a link to setting up another router
    Hi skstretch
    Yes you should be able to get all relevant info on setting up third pty modems here
    Tony

Advertisement