Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox one digital downloads

• 07-02-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering... if someone sells an xbox one console and all games that come with it are digital downloads, are they stuck to the console itself or the xbox live account from the other person?

Basically... will i lose the games if i take over the xbox and login to my own account?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

They're tied to gamertag.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

So if i do a factory reset / remove the existing live account the games are gone ?

Yurple wrote: »
    So if i do a factory reset / remove the existing live account the games are gone ?
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

ouch ok. Thanks very much for your quick replies.

So i need to keep that account on the xbox one for the games to remain. Does this account need to have an active xbox live gold subscription all the time for other accounts on the console to play those games?

If you sell your Xbox One and it doesn't have your gamertag on it, then whoever buys it will not be able to access your tag or games. If you buy one, same story for the person who removed their tag. You need to have your tag on a console for you and others on your system to be able to play the games you bought. You don't need to have a gold subscription, just have your tag with the games and their tag with the games, and you're fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement