Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Netbook battery

Options
  • 07-02-2014 5:23pm

* terms and conditions apply.
    ** Offer subject to one battery lasting twice as long = one free battery. Real world results may vary.

The Windows power saving settings on my laptop are ±100mA.
    I figured the best saving has to be in the screen; just turn off a few hundred thousand pixels and that should save some juice. The best part is it also reduces eye glare and means I can run the leisure battery lighting lower = more free electrons.
    Darkwindows_zps6d6c7c86.jpg?t=1391702040
    Windows

I changed the Windows theme to high contrast basic and edited the palette. Disabled transparencies and got a white on black browser add-on.
    My laptop runs like this for 25% less current and >⅓ longer off it's own battery.
    White = active screen pixel, black = pixel off.

Darkbrowser_zps149e8597.jpg?t=1391788329

Browser

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Jasus, why not power it off and the battery will last even longer.

I usually recharge all my stuff from my van battery and solar panel no need to go blind trying to view with those settings.

Any battery you power it off will last longer. It's easier for your eyes to adjust, so less chances of blindness. It's still high contrast but your eyes don't have to strain around a white background.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭holyhutzpa

I have to draw the line with the comic sans font for window title bars and start button, that's too far... ;)

tomatosplat.gif

Advertisement