Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennio Morricone - Dublin O2 - December 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Wow! I think I'll head along to see this especially seeing as it's indoors and after not seeing him in Kilmainham. Any idea how much tickets will cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Passenger wrote: »
    Wow! I think I'll head along to see this especially seeing as it's indoors and after not seeing him in Kilmainham. Any idea how much tickets will cost?

From rte.ie: "Tickets priced at €86, €106, €131 and €156 including booking fee go on sale on Friday February 14 at 9am via Ticketmaster.ie and all Ticketmaster outlets nationwide."

Bit pricey, although it seems to be around the same price as the Kilmainham show, and I imagine this will be better due to the relative intimacy of the o2 and better sound quality.

Won't be missing anyway, especially as it's his last ever tour! Wonder will they add a second date?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Not on O2 network. Anybody pleasant punters like to PM me presale password pretty please?!

edhead wrote: »
    Not on O2 network. Anybody pleasant punters like to PM me presale password pretty please?!

Would like to request the same if anyone has a spare one, would be very much appreciated! Or if you happen to get more than one edhead perhaps you could send one my way, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Jello wrote: »
    Would like to request the same if anyone has a spare one, would be very much appreciated! Or if you happen to get more than one edhead perhaps you could send one my way, cheers.

Will of course Jello. Was at first Kilmainham event, but was waaaaay back. Much rather pay the extra bobs & be closer to the action. Was second row from very back at Queens Of The Stone Age & it aint the best.

Hopefully Garth Brooks, Andrie Rieu, El Divo will eat into some of the folks who might have went to this & make it easier online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 gmckee587

Hey guys, I'd like to request the same if anyone has any spare pre-sale codes. Been trying for hours to get priority tickets, but o2 won't validate the number for some reason! Was at Kilmainham myself, thought it was a great show, but I think this will be twice the show. Does anyone know what way the pre-sales actually work? I've never tried to get priority tickets before!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Password please anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

How fast will these sell out do you think? How many seats are in O2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

How fast will these sell out do you think? How many seats are in O2?

9,500 for all-seated events.
    gmckee587 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what way the pre-sales actually work? I've never tried to get priority tickets before!

You log into the O2 website and bang in your priority code, then hopefully get your tickets. Not everyone that gets a code is guaranteed a ticket, so make sure you're up early if you do get one. Also, the priority tickets are usually in a pretty shite section, the very edges, view can be restricted by monitors etc. for some gigs, and the sound typically isn't the best at the edges.

Oh dear! Not that many. They may go quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 gmckee587

Also, the priority tickets are usually in a pretty shite section, the very edges, view can be restricted by monitors etc. for some gigs, and the sound typically isn't the best at the edges.

Really? I keep seeing people say this with the odd person saying "I got front row". I'm going to try both the pre-sale and General sale and see how I get on. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fulham919

Where is is the presale??? I got a code but cant find the presale

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

O2 presale starts on Tuesday.

Did I just hear on the radio that they are now on sale on the 20th of feb????

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

Did I just hear on the radio that they are now on sale on the 20th of feb????

you are correct

Just picked up two tickets in the presale. I'm not sure this will sell out now as the tickets are hideously expensive and most people who wanted to see him probably did so last year.

zac8 wrote: »
    Just picked up two tickets in the presale. I'm not sure this will sell out now as the tickets are hideously expensive and most people who wanted to see him probably did so last year.
    I'd say it will definitely sell out fast - his last ever tour in a better (and smaller) venue.

Does anyone have any idea how each of the price brackets correspond to each section of the o2? Wouldn't mind knowing in advance.

Jello wrote: »
    I'd say it will definitely sell out fast - his last ever tour in a better (and smaller) venue.

Does anyone have any idea how each of the price brackets correspond to each section of the o2? Wouldn't mind knowing in advance.

This link will take you to the presale and if you select a price it will filter the sections that price applies to - http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ennio-morricone-my-life-in-music-dublin-12-12-2014/event/18004C48B8055E67?artistid=947910&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=203&did=o2dublin. Looks like you'll have to pay 156 for a decent seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Anyone know where the best seas would be? Would the view from the tiered seating in block D be better than that of the flat seating in front?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Are the pre-sale tickets still available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

PWEI wrote: »
    Are the pre-sale tickets still available?

Yep, €131 and €156. If you need a code PM me. I'm going to take my chances on general sale tomorrow morning.

Lemag wrote: »
    Anyone know where the best seas would be? Would the view from the tiered seating in block D be better than that of the flat seating in front?

Yeah Block D is good, prefer tiered seating myself, less chance of having some giant sitting in front of you on the flat blocking your view! :)

Hope everyone gets the tix they want this am!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

My wife got 2 tickets this morning €326 for 2 Block E, look good this will be our Christmas present and we will take the day of and stay in a nice hotel, something to look forward to!

Happy out. Block G. €224

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Got two earlier. Pricey, but am looking forward to it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

Hi, got my tickets and went for the "best available" option on TicketMaster...got block H (left of stage) and purchased immediately out of fear of missing out...I'm just wondering - because I've never been to the O2 - was it really the "BEST available" considering that I went on to TM this morning to check for tickets and Block M (more central) is available...I'd hate to think I purchased at 9am and we'll have to crane necks to catch the show...any reassurance would be grateful...thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

What's the story with block H? Got tickets for same but not familiar with the seating arrangements in the O2 arena. Are these good seats?

Feeded wrote: »
    Hi, got my tickets and went for the "best available" option on TicketMaster...got block H (left of stage) and purchased immediately out of fear of missing out...I'm just wondering - because I've never been to the O2 - was it really the "BEST available" considering that I went on to TM this morning to check for tickets and Block M (more central) is available...I'd hate to think I purchased at 9am and we'll have to crane necks to catch the show...any reassurance would be grateful...thanks!

The first section of Block H? M would have been better imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Some tickets arrived at home for me apparently, think they might be for Ennio Morricone. Could any confirm if they've also received their tickets? Thanks!

Advertisement