Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennio Morricone - Dublin O2 - December 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Looking at the layout, there are tickets available for the "flat seating" section. These look like great seats, crazy price mind.........but I'm only ever gonna do this once. Any comments on that section, as good as I'm convincing myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

donglen wrote: »
    Looking at the layout, there are tickets available for the "flat seating" section. These look like great seats, crazy price mind.........but I'm only ever gonna do this once. Any comments on that section, as good as I'm convincing myself?

Perhaps make an enquiry to the venue about the location of the seats, because if you are too close, or at the extreme sides, you may not be able to see the orchestra or choir properly.

Also, sometimes if you are too close, the sound isn't as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Can not wait for this!

Must check where I am sitting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mountain

Gig postponed until 7th feb 2015...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

mountain wrote: »
    Gig postponed until 7th feb 2015...

Thanks, disappointed at first but the 7th is a Saturday so wont have to take the day off work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

How does one get a refund for the 3 Arena car park charge for this gig?

Shocked that the concert has been rescheduled. Hope Mr Morricone gets well soon. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Can't go now due to a sick relative mind you the €315 refund for tickets and €99 for the hotel plus drinks dinner etc will come in handy now. Glad I got to see him in Kilmainham as unlikely he will tour again.

Really looking forward to Sat the 7th!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I know the tickets say gig at 8.00. But I presume it will start somewhere around 9.15. Anybody know if there is some type of supporting act beforehand?

• Advertisement

I know the tickets say gig at 8.00. But I presume it will start somewhere around 9.15. Anybody know if there is some type of supporting act beforehand?

What makes you think it will start at 9.15?

I'm expecting him on at 8pm

What makes you think it will start at 9.15?

I'm expecting him on at 8pm

Just basing it on the typical time that the main gig kicks off in 3Arean/O2/The Point. Pure speculation.

Are you just basing the 8pm start based on what it says on the ticket?

Just basing it on the typical time that the main gig kicks off in 3Arean/O2/The Point. Pure speculation.

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It's not a rock gig, there's no support act. If the ticket says 8pm then the gig will start at 8pm. There will be an interval as is the norm with this type of gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

ignore

zac8 wrote: »
    there won't be an interval.

So, if it's starting at 8, and he plays for 1.5 hours, then it's over at around 9.
    30. That doesn't seem right.

Just had a look at the reviews of the Kilmainham gig back in 2013. Seems it didn’t go too well. Was supposed to start at 8, but started at 8.40. That’s no big surprise. It’s the Irish way. Stick a time on the ticket, and gig will start some time within an hour of that time (unless it’s Guns n Roses, whereby you’re lucky if the gig starts on the same day!!).

Jesus, I paid over €300 for 1.5 hours of entertainment. Anyway, I shouldn’t be slating the night before it even starts.

So, if it's starting at 8, and he plays for 1.5 hours, then it's over at around 9.
    30. That doesn't seem right.

Just had a look at the reviews of the Kilmainham gig back in 2013. Seems it didn’t go too well. Was supposed to start at 8, but started at 8.40. That’s no big surprise. It’s the Irish way. Stick a time on the ticket, and gig will start some time within an hour of that time (unless it’s Guns n Roses, whereby you’re lucky if the gig starts on the same day!!).

Jesus, I paid over €300 for 1.5 hours of entertainment. Anyway, I shouldn’t be slating the night before it even starts.

Make contact with MCD to confirm the time. They usually post the stage times before the gigs.

On the second night in Kilmainham in 2013, it rained very heavily, so if the second night is the show to which you are referring, perhaps the rain may have been a reason for the delay, maybe the rain delayed the setting up of the stage for the orchestra?

(It did not rain the first night). At Kilmainham, it was two sets, each approximately 45 minutes in length, with an interval.

I would imagine there would be no delays at the show on Saturday. It states 8pm start on the ticketmaster ticket selection page.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ennio-morricone-my-life-in-music-dublin-02-07-2015/event/18004C48B8055E67?artistid=947910&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=203

"ENNIO MORRICONE ONSTAGE AT 3ARENA 8PM SHARP - LATECOMERS NOT ADMITTED UNTIL SUITABLE INTERVAL - NO SUPPORT ACT".

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=5422253&ar=enniomorricone&cat=all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Have a carpark ticket if anyone wants it, €10.

Gone!

• Advertisement

How does the traffic be in the area coming up to concert time? Is it worth getting a taxi from town?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Get the Luas ...the roads will be blocked with cars

argentum wrote: »
    Get the Luas ...the roads will be blocked with cars

Thanks

Which luas goes to the point? Where do I get it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Thanks

Which luas goes to the point? Where do I get it from?

Luas Red Line.

Info over at www.Luas.ie

Red Line Stops: http://www.luas.ie/luas-red-line-stops/

I'm in Block G. Where is everyone else sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Great concert. Although I did miss Fistful of Dollars. Really enjoyed the setlist.

Only minus is the amount of people filming on their phones and taking photos (with flash) despite explicit instructions not to. Also a lot of people talking and generally distracting. Someone pulled out an iPhone and started filming with the full light on in the middle of it, which kind of spoilt the song for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Great concert. Hope someone has the set list. Wasn't distracted by the phone business as nobody around me was doing it. Only negatives for me were some sloppy camera work (but you're not going to see that) and audience members applauding too early. High points were the harp, xylophone and individual players having their moments and of course, Morricone bringing it all together. Aside from the more well known ones, they blew the roof off the place with Abolisson, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Absolutely brilliant concert. The ticket may have been expensive but it was well worth it.

Does anyone know what song was the first encore? I think it was before the singer reappeared?

• Advertisement

Fantastic concert. Didn't see one person with their phone out during the performance.
    Does anyone know what song was the first encore? I think it was before the singer reappeared?

Think it was 'Here's to you'

Advertisement