Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there something wrong with the Appointments office in Galway University Hospital?

Options
  • 07-02-2014 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I've been trying for 2 days to get through to the Appointments department to cancel an appointment I had this morning, every time I phoned it went straight to voicemail telling me they were unusually busy. I tried 4 different numbers on the appointment letter and all I got was the same recorded message. Now it looks like I couldn't be bothered to show up and it'll be a bitch to get another appointment.

Does anyone know if there's a problem with that department?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I've been trying for 2 days to get through to the Appointments department to cancel an appointment I had this morning, every time I phoned it went straight to voicemail telling me they were unusually busy. I tried 4 different numbers on the appointment letter and all I got was the same recorded message. Now it looks like I couldn't be bothered to show up and it'll be a bitch to get another appointment.

Does anyone know if there's a problem with that department?

Probably under staffed.

Not overly pleasant when you do get through either.

Not they're fault though, the way the HSE as an organisation is run is an absolute joke.

Not the fault of the staff on the ground though who usually try their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Now it looks like I couldn't be bothered to show up and it'll be a bitch to get another appointment.

a right pain in neck alright... if using a smartphone download a free call-recorder app and press record when you leave a message on their voicemail.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

jkforde wrote: »
    a right pain in neck alright... if using a smartphone download a free call-recorder app and press record when you leave a message on their voicemail.
    Their recorded message doesn't give you the option to leave a message. It just tells you that they can't take your call. Beginning to wonder if there's anyone working in the Appointments department.

Advertisement