Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xperia Z1 vs galaxy S4 vs HTC one

• 07-02-2014 6:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm due an upgrade with 3 and am trying to decide between the above 3 phones.

I currently have an Xperia S and love it, but am wondering if I should change - just for a change

What's swaying me towards Sony is the camera but what are the stand out points of the other 2 phones.

Also when I upgrade can I transfer my apps across so I don't lose my data (or game scores:D:D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭baziled13

If you can wait z2 g5 and HTC one2 will be announced by march

But if u can't wait just pop into a shop and try them out with top of the range phones they are all great, its just personal preference.

As for your apps they are in your Google account, so whatever andriod phone you register your Account with just download your paid apps.(or backup phone and restore on new phone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I'm due an upgrade with 3 and am trying to decide between the above 3 phones.

I currently have an Xperia S and love it, but am wondering if I should change - just for a change

What's swaying me towards Sony is the camera but what are the stand out points of the other 2 phones.

Also when I upgrade can I transfer my apps across so I don't lose my data (or game scores:D:D)

The HTC One doesn't have as good a battery as the other two (though maybe that's not as big a difference in actual performance, look into it.) And I've read that the whole Ultrapixel idea isn't executed very well, but it may still be better for low light photos. If you prefer better daytime/well-lit photos, the other two phones are far better.

Still, it's the only one of the three you'll find with 32GB internal storage without any hassle. Beats Audio and the speaker placement might be good, nice design, and the screen is great.

z1: You'll want a case as it feels almost like a bar of soap, going by reviews, but nice specs, battery life, camera though over-processed....again look into it, too complicated), screen is good facing you but blurs at an angle....the Z1 compact doesn't, if you don't mind a small phone check that out.

It has an SD card slot, huge boon if you like keeping music/videos/books/comics/audiobooks etc. with you. Won't store as many big apps as the HTC though, but outside of games, probably not a problem (though apps tend to bloat as they update, still 12GB or so will likely give no problems if you don't play games.)

S4: Removable battery and SD card great for longevity. AMOLED is subjectively great or a negative. Not as nice a design. Lots of accessories/support due to its popularity. No FM radio like on the other two. May be the best all-round camera, less megapixels than the Z1 but better processing. May have some unique features you like.

Touchwiz is ugly.

You only mention the camera, so I would look up more in-depth articles.

Me, I can't afford any of them right now. :o

Advertisement