Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL line down

Options
  • 07-02-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, 

The technician called to the house today to install our eFibre. He installed a new phone line jack next to our old one. He told us that the other technician would be out next week to install our modem and TV. I have my modem from my previous provider and I tried plugging it into the new line jack but when I go to my modem settings, it says the DSL line is down / not available. Is it that my line has been activated yet? I'd like to get my new connection going soon as I'm dying to use the 50mb (compared to the 1.2mb we have now). 

Thanks, 
    Cian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Shox2711 wrote: »
    Hi, 

The technician called to the house today to install our eFibre. He installed a new phone line jack next to our old one. He told us that the other technician would be out next week to install our modem and TV. I have my modem from my previous provider and I tried plugging it into the new line jack but when I go to my modem settings, it says the DSL line is down / not available. Is it that my line has been activated yet? I'd like to get my new connection going soon as I'm dying to use the 50mb (compared to the 1.2mb we have now). 

Thanks, 
    Cian.
    The old modem is probably adsl2, you need a vdsl2 modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Shox2711 wrote: »
    Hi, 

Thanks, 
    Cian.
    Hi Shox2711
    Can you PM me your line number and I can check this for you.
    Tony

Advertisement