Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You've already purchased this, so it will be downloaded now at no extra charge.

• 07-02-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

This is the message I get when I try to download on the App Store. It has a cloud next to it, not an "open". The app is Keynote. The original download was interrupted by kids switching off ipad.
    The download will now not happen, it keeps just reverting to the cloud symbol.
    I've checked the apple forums and I see I'm not the only one, however, cannot find a solution. Anyone have any suggestions or even better, experienced and resolved the same issue?
    Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Try restarting the phone, hold the power and sleep buttons together until the apple logo appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Is Keynote actually installed? Can you open it from the grid of apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

OP: More info please ... ?? Phone model. iOS version. Do you use iTunes on your PC/Mac ? You don't even say it's an iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Piliger wrote: »
    OP: More info please ... ?? Phone model. iOS version. Do you use iTunes on your PC/Mac ? You don't even say it's an iPhone.

Pretty sure it's an iPad. Rebooting the iPad should clear up the issue and it should download again as normal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

On the iPad, in the App Store app under "Store" select "Check for Unfinished Downloads ..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Also, do you have enough space to install it?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

guil wrote: »
    Try restarting the phone, hold the power and sleep buttons together until the apple logo appears.

Tried that, doesn't work.

Is Keynote actually installed? Can you open it from the grid of apps?

Nope, doesn't appear on my downloaded apps. I can see it in the "purchased" section, but with a cloud next to it. All others are marked "open". When I hit the cloud I get the original message.

Piliger wrote: »

Ipad retina. Just updated to the latest software also, that hasn't sorted it.

mathepac wrote: »
    On the iPad, in the App Store app under "Store" select "Check for Unfinished Downloads ..."

Sorry now, can't see this option in the App Store. I can see where it is in the music app, but not the App Store. I don't see a "store" option.

• Advertisement

Zcott wrote: »
    Also, do you have enough space to install it?

Plenty, 7.1gb available - app is 444mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Quick check: when you get the "... will be downloaded etc ..." message, do you press OK? What happens then? A 444MB download is pretty big for an ios device (outside of game apps) so it'll probably take a while to download.

I recently installed Keynote and it took ages - thank you Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I had this with the youtube app. Connecting to a different wifi network worked, and it eventually fixed itself.

Eventually, rang customer service. They could see that it was only partially downloaded and did some sort of re-set at their end after getting me to try a few things at my end.
    Was quite impressed with their customer service, very helpful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

mathepac wrote: »
    Apologies. I posted about the OS X version of the App Store.
    donglen wrote: »
    Eventually, rang customer service. They could see that it was only partially downloaded and did some sort of re-set at their end after getting me to try a few things at my end.
    Was quite impressed with their customer service, very helpful.
    Glad you got sorted.

Advertisement