Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 install problems

• 07-02-2014 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Trying to install windows 7 from a usb but it keeps asking me for drivers before it starts installing and wont tell me what drivers i need

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What computer are you installing on ? Make/Model of PC or Motherboard would suffice. It's most likely the SATA drivers the install is looking for, it's possible in the BIOS to change their mode to Compatible are IDE Mode or some such setting. Once the computer is installed it's possible to install the device drivers and then revert to SATA mode. Without some further info though it's difficult to say for sure.

How did you make the Windows 7 USB installer ? What version of 7 are you trying to install ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheFlidKid

Sorry, got it working in the end. Dont know what the problem was but I got it working in the end. Cheers anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

quite often the usb installer won't work in usb 3 ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheFlidKid

Think thats what i did wrong

Most likely this. Windows 7 doesn't support USB 3.0 ports out of the box so attempting to boot the installer from a USB 3.0 port will exhibit identical symptoms to those if Windows doesn't natively support the SATA/RAID/SAS controller.

• Advertisement
Advertisement