Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US citizenship through deceased parent

Options
  • 07-02-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My dad was born in 1907 and lived in the US (NEW York) from 1929-39 approx. when he returned to Ireland. He became a US citizen in 1935. He married an Irish citizen in 1952 and I was born in 1959 and live in Ireland. Both my parents are now dead. I understand that I may be entitled to US citizenship. I plan to apply for a US passport using form DS-11 and as part of the process visit the embassy. I need evidence of my fathers physical evidence in the US for the 10 year period. I have the following: certificate of citizenship, social security number, Irish passport showing US visa from 1929 and a US passport issued in Dublin in 1941 which replaced a previous one issued in Washington DC in 1939. Can anyone advise on the physical evidence that would be acceptable in this case, how and where I can obtain same please? Has anyone had experience in this area? All advice and observations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I presume you've already checked for any bank accounts and employment records.
    If you know where in NY he lived you could check with any clubs he may have been involved with (such as an Irish Centre or GAA club) to see if they have any membership records or photos.

Advertisement