Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone rubbish broadband

Options
  • 07-02-2014 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I've had Vodafone broadband the last few years. The internet in terms of browsing is fine, when it comes to downloading movies/albums, 7/10 times the internet will drop and i'll have to restart my pc or reset the router. The downloads speed max is 'up to 24mbs' according to a speed test i did on vodafone's website.

I cannot get UPC broadband in my area, i've called several times and they said 'soon'. I live in Dublin 4.

I'm not tied in to a contract with Vodafone, is there anything i can do?

I'm willing to try and provider folks would recommend.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I've had Vodafone broadband the last few years. The internet in terms of browsing is fine, when it comes to downloading movies/albums, 7/10 times the internet will drop and i'll have to restart my pc or reset the router. The downloads speed max is 'up to 24mbs' according to a speed test i did on vodafone's website.

I cannot get UPC broadband in my area, i've called several times and they said 'soon'. I live in Dublin 4.

I'm not tied in to a contract with Vodafone, is there anything i can do?

I'm willing to try and provider folks would recommend.

Thanks

Hello hope you are well. Why won't you get efibre? Eircom has good connections usually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I've had Vodafone broadband the last few years. The internet in terms of browsing is fine, when it comes to downloading movies/albums, 7/10 times the internet will drop and i'll have to restart my pc or reset the router.

This could be an issue with your router, but it also could er your noise margin. Could you access your router's configuration page and post your stats?
    The downloads speed max is 'up to 24mbs' according to a speed test i did on vodafone's website.

I have a feeling that wasn't a speedtest you took. Go to Speedtest.net and post your results by clicking on "share results" after the Speedtest has completed and posting the "forum link" on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Post this over here and see if Daz & co can help

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

This could be an issue with your router, but it also could er your noise margin. Could you access your router's configuration page and post your stats?

Sorry, but you could you tell how i'd access this?

I have a feeling that wasn't a speedtest you took. Go to Speedtest.net and post your results by clicking on "share results" after the Speedtest has completed and posting the "forum link" on here.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3294468094

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

You also need to access your router's configuration page. What router do you have?

• Advertisement
Advertisement