Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PowerMax Complete - not sending text messages

Options
  • 07-02-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

My alarm has stopped sending text messages. It was set to send message once the alarm had been set off. I checked the system as best I knew how & " A/C failure" came up on the display. There's plenty of credit on the sim & it's still active - as it was sending messages up to 2 weeks ago. I have the access codes any ideas on what to do? Really don't fancy calling out the company as it's too expensive

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you take the sim out and send a text with it from a phone?
    Have you removed the sim before? If so have you powered the system down and up again to initialize the sim.?
    Is there a good ssignal at the panel for the network in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tea Cup

I haven't taken the sim out before as there's no obvious place it would be other than opening up the unit. I know there has been issues with Vodafone recently with reception as their are updating masts, but not sure if this is the case as there's no signal icon on the panel .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try power the panel down completely and power back up to reinitialize the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tea Cup

How do I do that?

Turn off the mains power to the panel and disconnect the battery. Wait a minute and power back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Tea Cup wrote: »
    My alarm has stopped sending text messages. It was set to send message once the alarm had been set off. I checked the system as best I knew how & " A/C failure" came up on the display. There's plenty of credit on the sim & it's still active - as it was sending messages up to 2 weeks ago. I have the access codes any ideas on what to do? Really don't fancy calling out the company as it's too expensive

Did you change any setting in the user menu?
    Make sure the enable for alarm events is on.

Advertisement