Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Customs from ordering on Romwe.com?

• 07-02-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Has anyone (living in Ireland) ever had any issues with having to pay customs charges after ordering from Romwe.com? They have free shipping and amazing clothes but I'm worried that customs could cost a fortune!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I ordered once and didn't have to pay customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

I ordered once and didn't have to pay customs.

Do you mind me asking what you ordered? Like was it clothes or jewellery or something else? I thin they judge customs based on the weight of the item :P thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Heya, it was a hat I think. They had ticked 'gift' on the box from what I remember so maybe they lie or something. I'd say you'd be unlucky to have to pay customs. If you're ordering a few things order them all separately cos it's free shipping anyway and you'd just be unlucky if they all got caught for customs.

Heya, it was a hat I think. They had ticked 'gift' on the box from what I remember so maybe they lie or something. I'd say you'd be unlucky to have to pay customs. If you're ordering a few things order them all separately cos it's free shipping anyway and you'd just be unlucky if they all got caught for customs.

Ahh that's really smart :) thanks so much for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You still have to pay duty and taxes on gifts.

It'll be ((price+ Delivery)*12%duty)*23%vat. If it comes with An Post there will be an extra 6 euro handling. Some courier companies charge more.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/popular-import-items/import-duty-and-taxes-for-dress/

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    You still have to pay duty and taxes on gifts.

It'll be ((price+ Delivery)*12%duty)*23%vat. If it comes with An Post there will be an extra 6 euro handling. Some courier companies charge more.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/popular-import-items/import-duty-and-taxes-for-dress/

Ah sure that's not too bad, better than mad expensive shipping+customs. Thanks so much for looking that up though! :)

Advertisement