Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street performer out side of Jack Jones

Options
  • 07-02-2014 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

There over the last few weeks i have seen this new St performer outside of jack jones in a kind of gold dress with gold face paint giving out lollipops to people passing by and if you take one he points to his box to give him money for the lollipop.

Like he's not a mine or anything he makes grunt sounds at people.

Just asking has anyone else seen him lately and what is he post to be ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I saw him preparing for it one day, his missus went off begging and he got up on the chair to do whatever it is that he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Is that not the exact same guy who has been outside Penney's for ages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Considering i used to work in the town i dont think i have ever seen him outside of pennys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

I wouldn't call him 'street performer' because it might offend proper street performers.

Yea, he has been around for a good while, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

Yeah I know the guy you're talking about - I'd say he's trying to mimic the likes of the street performers that are on 'La Ramblas' in Barcelona... he offers Lollys to the kids and then demands money... tried it on my two not so long ago, I ushered them to the nearest sweet shop and bought them bigger lollys and then walked past him and waved... I hate people that prey on kids and unsuspecting public like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I like to take the lolly and just keep walking.

Sure if he's offering like! Not like he selling them.

(The fact that this really pisses him off makes it better I admit.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Seen him over Spraoi on John Roberts Square.
    He first offered lollipops to two girls aged 3 & 4, or so, and then was chasing them grandma for money.
    She rightly told him where his place is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

A good while back I was doing some promotion stuff in John Robert's Square, and there was this guy busking outside Penney's. He was actually pretty good and he had been there for about an hour when lollipop man shows up, puts his box right next to the busker, stands up on it and starts trying to hand them out.

People are now trying to avoid the lollipop guy, and thus end up staying away from the busker too. Busker understandably gets pissed off and tells yer man to at least move to the other side of the entrance because he was there first and had been for an hour. Lollipop guy wasn't having any of it and continued to try and hand them out in front of the busker until eventually the busker got pissed off and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Considering i used to work in the town i dont think i have ever seen him outside of pennys ?

Really? That's where I've seen him the most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ericaa wrote: »
    Really? That's where I've seen him the most.

He must have been there and i never took any note of it on to he moved his spot.

There is also a guy with long dreadlocks who's plays a sax as well who's always up by dealzs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

God there have been some amount of disaster street performers in Waterford, and some great ones too.

I remember this Scottish lad dressed dressed in skimpy clothing tried to do a magic trick. It was during the summer, and literally hundreds of people were gathered around.
    Could have been sproai? There was no stage in John Roberts square though so probably not.

Anyway, he tried to do this magic trick where he made a fag disappear. He got some random crowd members jacket, and burnt a hole in it, the fag didnt disappear, everyone started laughing and abusing him.

He got angry as said something like "fúck you all", and stormed off. It was surreal. There was so many people gathered around! anybody remember this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

oak5548 wrote: »
    God there have been some amount of disaster street performers in Waterford, and some great ones too.

I remember this Scottish lad dressed dressed in skimpy clothing tried to do a magic trick. It was during the summer, and literally hundreds of people were gathered around.
    Could have been sproai? There was no stage in John Roberts square though so probably not.

Anyway, he tried to do this magic trick where he made a fag disappear. He got some random crowd members jacket, and burnt a hole in it, the fag didnt disappear, everyone started laughing and abusing him.

He got angry as said something like "fúck you all", and stormed off. It was surreal. There was so many people gathered around! anybody remember this?

And what did your man do about his jacket?

Advertisement