Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recently joined eircom broadband, very poor speed

Options
  • 07-02-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Recently signed up to eircom uncontested broadband. Carried out a speed test tonight due to slow internet and I'm getting less than 2mbps download and 1.25 upload, ping 283 ms. Very disappointed considering its supposed to be uncongested. What can you do to help me?I was told my line would have a speed of 15mbps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

The problem is it's not uncongested and nobody for eircom cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

1jcdub wrote: »
    Recently signed up to eircom uncontested  broadband. Carried out a speed test tonight due to slow internet and I'm getting less than 2mbps download and 1.25 upload, ping 283 ms. Very disappointed considering its supposed to be uncongested. What can you do to help me?I was told my line would have a speed of 15mbps.
    Hi 1jcdub
    we are aware of a number of posts here reporting this issue. I have been asked by broadband tech managers to advise anyone experiencing definite cases of speed dropping off at peak times to call our tech support team on 1890260260, advise that you are having this issue and have them troubleshoot issue. They can determine there if there is an issue with congestion and advise you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

1jcdub wrote: »
    Recently signed up to eircom uncontested  broadband. Carried out a speed test tonight due to slow internet and I'm getting less than 2mbps download and 1.25 upload, ping 283 ms. Very disappointed considering its supposed to be uncongested. What can you do to help me?I was told my line would have a speed of 15mbps.
    Hi 1jcdub
    we are aware of a number of posts here reporting this issue. I have been asked by broadband tech managers to advise anyone experiencing definite cases of speed dropping off at peak times to call our tech support team on 1890260260, advise that you are having this issue and have them troubleshoot issue. They can determine there if there is an issue with congestion and advise you.
    Tony
    With all respect, i did that for couple of months, and it didnt help. Similar stories all over the boards.ie and internet.. Hopefully the OP here will get some assistance with his problem.

In the meantime, if the OP or anyone else affected this could enter the details in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057142479

it would be much appreciated.

Eircom reps here are more than welcome to forward that thread to the broadband tech managers aswell.

Thanks (and sorry for hijacking this thread) :)

Advertisement