Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

painting

Options
  • 07-02-2014 10:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19

ok so I need two rooms painted but one is wallpapered so that needs to be stripped

the entire floor area of both rooms combined is 36 sqr meters

will also be painting the ceilings of both rooms , skirting will not need to be painted in either room as im replacing skirting soon

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

ok so I need two rooms painted but one is wallpapered so that needs to be stripped

the entire floor area of both rooms combined is 36 sqr meters

will also be painting the ceilings of both rooms , skirting will not need to be painted in either room as im replacing skirting soon

You should really replace the skirting before painting the room. Your walls will be marked while removing them, and the tope of the new ones will need to be caulked if its been painted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 the_boatman

You should really replace the skirting before painting the room. Your walls will be marked while removing them, and the tope of the new ones will need to be caulked if its been painted.

that aside , what do you think , I will be buying the paint by the way

About 300 maybe less. But that depends on how difficult the paper is to get off and what condition the walls behind it are!

About 300 maybe less. But that depends on how difficult the paper is to get off and what condition the walls behind it are!

got a quote of 270 , thought it sounded expensive

thanks for your view

got a quote of 270 , thought it sounded expensive

thanks for your view

Sounds about right, he would have viewed it so would be able to gauge filling and wall prep.

The stripping can involve a bit of work aswell.

• Advertisement

Sounds about right, he would have viewed it so would be able to gauge filling and wall prep.

The stripping can involve a bit of work aswell.

he claimed it would take a day to strip off the wallpaper which I thought was a bit of a joke

he claimed it would take a day to strip off the wallpaper which I thought was a bit of a joke

You could do it yourself. It could fall off with just a light damping down with a sponge, or you could end up having to use a steamer. Won't know until you start.

You could do it yourself. It could fall off with just a light damping down with a sponge, or you could end up having to use a steamer. Won't know until you start.

sounds like you don't think 270 is overly expensive for painting two rooms

maybe I misjudged cost

sounds like you don't think 270 is overly expensive for painting two rooms

maybe I misjudged cost

Not for 2 days work minimum, possibly 3. and paying tax out of it aswell.

You will of course get someone to do it for half that price. But you get what you pay for.

Not for 2 days work minimum, possibly 3. and paying tax out of it aswell.

You will of course get someone to do it for half that price. But you get what you pay for.

cash job , no tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 deisedeco

Location?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭oisinbutler

Your 100% right there Michael, you know exactly what you're talking about. the time it takes to strip wallpaper is an unknown quantity. It could take a couple of hours it could take the day. You don't know until you get stuck in.

Advertisement