Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edge vs. Chris Jericho - Who Was Better?

• 07-02-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Edge_Heavyweight_Title.jpg

vs.

ChrisJericho-2_crop_exact-375x413-1374688368.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jericho, but mostly just for his first run. Once the hair eventually went his powers soon faded with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jericho has a more interesting and varied body of work.

Bought the Edge Best of WWE DVD a couple of years ago and found his matches too samey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jericho x 100 tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Gotta go with Edge. Teamed with CHRISTIAN, had a great main event run after great tag team run, the smackdown six & did great as a heel(was never a great face though).
    Jericho is overrated imo & i'm glad I didn't have to endure his tired shtick this time of the year again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Personally I prefered Edge but looking back on it Jericho was probably better especially at promos. Both were great wrestlers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Jericho by a distance in my eyes never found edge entertaining and the only time he was ever relevant was with someone to fall back on .. Edge and Christian/lita/vickie. The last 2 got more heat than edge ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭colmufc

Jericho , simple a more entertaining wrestler but so hard working ,edge was great but he never stood out from the crowd enough for me that spear at wmx7 off the ladder amazing but Jericho winning the undisputed championship was unreal ,not in a million years did I think he would win but that was a great night and it really set him apart from slot of the dross that started to bleed thru in the coming years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CSF wrote: »
    Jericho, but mostly just for his first run. Once the hair eventually went his powers soon faded with it.

Really? I loved his heel run in 2008-2009. He totally reinvented himself and had one of the best feuds in recent years with HBK.

I always prefered Jericho but that takes nothing away from Edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Both completely overrated but definitely Jericho. Edge had a good theme and was good in the ring. Terrible otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Hmmm... both were really good overall but I'mma say Jericho was generally the better of the two but something about Edge made him seem more believable to me in top level positioning. Similarly, Edge best matches are better matches than Jericho's but Jericho was way more consistently in great matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Edge was personable and that carried him a long way. I like him but think he's seriously over-rated. Jericho, due in no large part to his contrary nature, has reached the stage now where he's in danger of being under-rated. No contest for me, Jericho by a landslide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Jericho. Mainly because of what he's done for other peoples careers, the only people who truly went over Edge in rivalries was Undertaker and Cena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Jericho. Mainly because of what he's done for other peoples careers, the only people who truly went over Edge in rivalries was Undertaker and Cena
    Jeff, sorta?

Very good point though

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Jericho by a 1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Oh, Jericho, no doubt. Edge had some great feuds, but I never seen him as a truly top guy. Jericho could have a great match with anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Jericho for me I liked Edge's matches but imo he was a better tag wrestler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Jericho by a 1000

Don't you mean 1004?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm just gonna say in really disappointed we never for to see their full run as a tag team. Two egotistical Canadian A-holes. They won the tag titles unexpectedly back in 08/09 and I thought they were gonna be savage, but then Edge tore his Achilles and we were left with Big Show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Jericho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jericho for me but tbh I can't see how anyone can say both are overrated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

They were both fantastic but Jericho for me because he didn't just do with in WWE he did it all over the world i suppose what im trying to say is Edge was great in WWE but he was never really anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

I think Jericho was probably the better wrestler, Edge was much more entertaining throughout his career. Edge had that extra something special that made him come across better in a Main Event role. Don't ask me what Jericho was lacking, but never seemed quite up there with the top players.

Certainly when matching up their world title runs, Edge's turns with the titles seemed to matter more, he held the title well.

Jericho's world title runs were very underwhelming for the most part. Especially with the Undisputed title.

So .. while I think Jericho was the better wrestler, Edge was the far superior Superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

I would say Jericho,

i like the undisputed title run, he held it while stone cold and rock were on fire as they always were,
    had great matches in its defense too,

best Debut ever, in my opinion

& no. 42 Armbar.

did not like the edge ultimate opertunist thing watered down the title runs and far too many for a short period of time,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Jericho without a doubt for me. I never could take Edge seriously as a main eventer, especially an aggressive one. Great wrestler, E&C one of the best tag teams of all time, but did nothing as a top guy for me, always felt he was champ due to a lack of credible alternatives.

Jericho has seen and done it all, heel or face.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sin Eater wrote: »
    I think Jericho was probably the better wrestler, Edge was much more entertaining throughout his career. Edge had that extra something special that made him come across better in a Main Event role. Don't ask me what Jericho was lacking...

about 5 inches in height I believe

Seriously Jericho every day of the week for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Love both of them, they're among my of favorite wrestlers of all time. But I would put Jericho ahead of Edge, and here's why.

1. In the ring, Jericho beats Edge. Edge kind've lost his touch in the ring after a few serious injuries. He was a much better wrestler 12 or 13 years ago, but his neck injury kind've hindered him in the ring later on. But even when Edge was at his best in the ring, Jericho still had him beat.

2. On the mic, Jericho. I feel Jericho is just that much more versatile on the mic then Edge. Edge is good, but Jericho is great, and I would have put Jericho down as one of the best mic workers in WWE, at a time when you still the likes of The Rock and Stone Cold working full time.

3. Character wise, it's tough but I still go for Jericho. Edge's character was cool, probably one of the coolest characters in WWE of the last 10 years. Such a huge contrast from the characters of John Cena or Randy Orton. But Edge just seemed so natural at being that guy. However that being said, Edge has only been able to play the character, and I think it's got stale in his last couple of years of his career. Jericho on the otherhand, has recreated himself time and time again, to the point where every new character brings some new personality and is fresh. But whether it be his Y2J character, his Best in the World character or even his character in WCW, he's always been able to play them to perfection and keep them entertaining.

Anyway those are my main reasons for why I think Jericho is better then Edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Y2J

Advertisement