Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.uk - Anyone buy a PS4 from them?

Options
  • 07-02-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

I was thinking of buying a PS4 recently and was considering amazon. However, when viewing the PS4 in my 'cart' the price went up to £358 which is about €430. Buying in through an Irish retailer would cost €399.

Main reason I would be considering amazon is if the console had faults or something. They have always replaced or refunded expensive electronic goods I've both from them even well after purchase (2 years) etc.

I was thinking Smyths here but I'm wondering what their customer service is like post purchase.

Appreciate any replies.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

if anything goes wrong after 12 months its easy to walk into an irish retailer and explain your rights, im not sure how easy that would be with amazon tbh,
    i say buy local

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Brother got PS4 today in Smyths with Fifa and an extra controller for 500, great deal IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Matthew Gleeson

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Brother got PS4 today in Smyths with Fifa and an extra controller for 500, great deal IMO.

Thinking of picking one up is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Yeah I bought mine off Amazon, main reason again like yours was the piece of mind they'd look after me and then convenience really.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gep91

argos have loads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Argos were great for me when I had to replace a faulty PS4 last week, great to deal with.

Advertisement