Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adios Eircom!

Options
  • 07-02-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am terminating my agreement with Eircom due to the sheer volume of horrific events with this company. I advise everyone to do likewise so this shower learn the error of their ways. Below is my letter of termination which outlines the extent of the nightmare!

To whom it may concern,
    I am writing to demand the immediate closure of my Eircom account.  My decision stems from a plethora of unacceptable developments and the shambolic mismanagement displayed by your company, pertaining to products, customer service and infrastructure. I am seeking a full and sincere apology in addition to commensurate compensation.

The first strand of my complaint relates to a miss-sold broadband package. In January I inquired about broadband availability in my area, and was assured by an agent named Colin – who spoke with a soft, South Dublin accent – that a): my line was suitable for broadband, and b): there would be no setup fees.

The atrocious quality of your broadband product – constant disconnections, speeds consistently lower than 1 MB and persistent latency – compelled me to terminate that contract within the cooling off period as per comreg regulations. However, not only did your agent in the cancellations department attempt to swindle me by stating that I was under contract, but my latest bill includes a broadband connection surcharge of  € 28.76. This is despite a categorical assurance from your sales agent to the contrary, which is as unacceptable as it is fundamentally illegal.

The second prong of my complaint concerns phone service availability and outages. My telephone line has been out of service and inoperable twice in the last 30 days – simply unacceptable. The latest episode is entering its second week.  Even when functional the line is abysmally crackly. Notwithstanding the recent inclement weather, your response – or lack thereof – has caused me significant inconvenience and distress. A lack of mobile coverage has forced me to drive five miles to the nearest village just to make a phone call!

My dealings with your online customer support system have been farcical – one online agent even suggested I call your technical support!  Furthermore, the fault logging system erroneously labelled my phone as ‘fixed’. My follow up complaints were batted away and I now find myself parked at the back of a 10 day reparation backlog.
    I want to round off my troika of complaints by highlighting your company’s lack of communication and decency in dealing with these matters. Your company’s failure to keep me updated as to when the reparations would get carried out is utterly shameful. The only notification I received when complaints were logged was a pathetic ‘assigned to crew’ notice in my online profile.  That’s simply unacceptable.
    As a company you have proved your ‘crew’ are not fit for purpose, but, before you ship out, I am demanding the following: waived line rental charges for all periods of unavailability, the removal of the broadband setup surcharge, and a significant discount from my final bill due to loss of service. I steadfastly refuse to proffer any further payments to Eircom until all my demands have been met.

I appeal to you to resolve this matter in as timely a manner as possible so I can begin the switchover to a more customer focused and competent company.

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭psalbmb

I am terminating my agreement with Eircom due to the sheer volume of horrific events with this company. I advise everyone to do likewise so this shower learn the error of their ways. Below is my letter of termination which outlines the extent of the nightmare!

To whom it may concern,
    I am writing to demand the immediate closure of my Eircom account.  My decision stems from a plethora of unacceptable developments and the shambolic mismanagement displayed by your company, pertaining to products, customer service and infrastructure. I am seeking a full and sincere apology in addition to commensurate compensation.

The first strand of my complaint relates to a miss-sold broadband package. In January I inquired about broadband availability in my area, and was assured by an agent named Colin – who spoke with a soft, South Dublin accent – that a): my line was suitable for broadband, and b): there would be no setup fees.

The atrocious quality of your broadband product – constant disconnections, speeds consistently lower than 1 MB and persistent latency – compelled me to terminate that contract within the cooling off period as per comreg regulations. However, not only did your agent in the cancellations department attempt to swindle me by stating that I was under contract, but my latest bill includes a broadband connection surcharge of  € 28.76. This is despite a categorical assurance from your sales agent to the contrary, which is as unacceptable as it is fundamentally illegal.

The second prong of my complaint concerns phone service availability and outages. My telephone line has been out of service and inoperable twice in the last 30 days – simply unacceptable. The latest episode is entering its second week.  Even when functional the line is abysmally crackly. Notwithstanding the recent inclement weather, your response – or lack thereof – has caused me significant inconvenience and distress. A lack of mobile coverage has forced me to drive five miles to the nearest village just to make a phone call!

My dealings with your online customer support system have been farcical – one online agent even suggested I call your technical support!  Furthermore, the fault logging system erroneously labelled my phone as ‘fixed’. My follow up complaints were batted away and I now find myself parked at the back of a 10 day reparation backlog.
    I want to round off my troika of complaints by highlighting your company’s lack of communication and decency in dealing with these matters. Your company’s failure to keep me updated as to when the reparations would get carried out is utterly shameful. The only notification I received when complaints were logged was a pathetic ‘assigned to crew’ notice in my online profile.  That’s simply unacceptable.
    As a company you have proved your ‘crew’ are not fit for purpose, but, before you ship out, I am demanding the following: waived line rental charges for all periods of unavailability, the removal of the broadband setup surcharge, and a significant discount from my final bill due to loss of service. I steadfastly refuse to proffer any further payments to Eircom until all my demands have been met.

I appeal to you to resolve this matter in as timely a manner as possible so I can begin the switchover to a more customer focused and competent company.

Regards,
    ehh Best of Luck "Demanding" all the above LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

To whom it may concern,

Regards,
    Hi Sack Kay Burley

This is very difficult reading and our sincerest apologies that you should have experienced such difficulties in getting the support you deserve as a customer.

If you could please PM me your tel number I can have this investigated immediately and will get back to you as fast as we can.

Though I can understand your frustration and wish to cancel your account, you will have to call our customer care support centre on 1901 and request this to be closed for you.
    Once you have done this please let me know and we will make sure this is followed up and you are fully advised of all actions taken and to be taken.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Larsheen

To whom it may concern,

Regards,
    I too am out of here.No more Eircom for me 

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Herr Khume Schuccs

Nothing about Eircom surprises me anymore, best of luck, especially if you are about to experience their 'customer care' on 1901, pull up a comfy seat beside the phone and it might be no harm to keep a few bottles of valium handy.
    HKS

Advertisement