Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi not working after sleep mode

• 07-02-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

PC went into sleep mode and wireless stopped working. I'v unchecked the box that allows the PC to turn off the adapter and I've reset the wireless box. It won't pick up any signal from any wifi. My phone and roommates laptop can connect to the wifi so our wifi is working.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Does restarting the computer fix the issue ? If so then go to Control Panel > Power Options or type Power Options into the Windows search and click the "Change Advanced Power Options" in the current power plan window. In there you can control what effect the current power plan has on your wireless card.

Ken

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Goto Control Panel > Hardware > Device Manage > Network Adapter

Right click on the wireless network card to Disable, allow permission
    Then right click again to Enable, this wakes up the adapter.

Alternatively right click on the wifi icon in your taskbar then select Diagnose & Repair

Advertisement