Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Mullen running for Europe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

pauldla wrote: »
    WESTERN LIES! YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND CHINA! etc etc etc

And what would you say if someone from, say, Tonga said something like that about China?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

And what would you say if someone from, say, Tonga said something like that about China?

They'd say 'tonga zai na li' or something like that ('Where's Tonga?')

Funnily enough, they did a project on small countries in my sons’ school (but for China almost all countries are small, I suppose). He got Tonga; and after looking at pictures of the (corpulent) pride of Tonga manhood, he cast a quizzical eye on his father and said 'Daddy, are you from Tonga?'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

^^^ My grandad used to tell this one about an early British Royal visit to Tonga. Can't vouch for anything other than that!

Seems they were all settling down to an lunch and the enormous Queen of Tonga had a small chap sitting beside her. Liz turned around to Phil and asked "Is that the Queen's husband"? Phil answered, "No, he's her lunch."

robindch wrote: »
    ^^^ My grandad used to tell this one about an early British Royal visit to Tonga. Can't vouch for anything other than that!

Seems they were all settling down to an lunch and the enormous Queen of Tonga had a small chap sitting beside her. Liz turned around to Phil and asked "Is that the Queen's husband"? Phil answered, "No, he's her lunch."

Yeah that's the kind of racist thing that Phil the Teuto-Greek would say.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Cabaal wrote: »
    Briefcase wanker is sending out this letter to people

rmullenn5.jpg

Is he always that full of himself?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »

That's a crushing sense of insecurity for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Stheno wrote: »

usually hes a lot more, thats reserved coming from him

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

He's at it again

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/05/19/wheres-ronans-rte-rant/
    You may have caught Senator Ronan Mullen on Prime Time’s second panel debate of the Midlands-North-West MEP candidates last night.

During Senator Mullen’s appearance, he took host Miriam O’Callaghan to task, accusing RTE of bias, censorship and of being too cosy with Government parties – an outburst that earned vocal approval and agreement from Mr Flanagan.

Senator Mullen’s claims came on foot of Senator Mullen and Mr Flanagan’s annoyance over their exclusion from the first panel debate.

This morning, the RTE Player had the debates from last night posted but it stopped short in the second panel’s debate, just before Ms O’Callaghan turns to speak to Mr Mullen and when Mr Flanagan is in mid-sentence – therefore those looking back this morning cannot see Senator Mullen’s outburst.

He won't be happy about that,
    Maybe briefcase wanker mentioned Iona? :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

For some reason he's got posters up in Derry City as well. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cabaal wrote: »
    He's at it again

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/05/19/wheres-ronans-rte-rant/

He won't be happy about that,
    Maybe briefcase wanker mentioned Iona? :pac:

Ah for **** sake, RTE... Don't give him something legitimate to complain about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Mullen made some pretty valid arguments at start of the second RTÉ Prime Time Debate to be fair - still not hope of getting any votes from moi but the way the debates were set up were bit of a farce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

The best of luck to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The best of luck to him

Any chance of an explanation or was that a "I'll rile them up hurr hurr" hit and run effort.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I find it ironic that a guy with "Alan Partridge" in his name is supporting Mullen, given that Steve Coogan was in "Philomena", a movie which prompts Mullen to close his eyes and stick his fingers in his ears when it's mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I find it ironic that a guy with "Alan Partridge" in his name is supporting Mullen, given that Steve Coogan was in "Philomena", a movie which prompts Mullen to close his eyes and stick his fingers in his ears when it's mentioned.

Aha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 amorphous

robindch wrote: »
    ^^^ This guy?

Warning - Before viewing this video, please ensure there are no sharp objects near you. For Mr Mullen attempts to "boogie on down".

Fr. Trendy???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

amorphous wrote: »
    Fr. Trendy???

Whitest Man Ever.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

That's a fairly convoluted link tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,839 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My mother was about to put no.1 beside him at the voting today but thankfully I stopped her in time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

couple of family members were on the fence about him as they didn't know much about him. Soon changed that so a few votes denied for poor ole Ronan :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

How's his prospects looking

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

14 pages.. same number as the preference he got on my ballot paper. :)

• Moderators Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Seemingly Ronan is only managing 4% of the vote :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

The silent majority remain silent even when it comes to voting. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

There's a clear liberal bias working against Ronan.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I'm sure the gay liberation front infiltrated all the polling stations and altered his preference numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

lazygal wrote: »
    There's a clear liberal bias working against Ronan.

The human brain is a fucker allright.

Advertisement