Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sci-fi star ships.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

USS Defiant.
    Small, powerful, has a cloak, and looks cute!

Defiant_Poster_by_misterclayton.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Boskowski wrote: »
    Ye must have been some other ship I was thinking of then. The Heart of Gold is just a big ball. :o

Must have been the Naboo Royal Starship. naboo+royal+starship.jpg

In the film it was, not so in the BBC show

Heart_of_gold.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the TARDIS!!! People??!!

Seriously tho, I cannot think of an overall favourite (apart from the NCC-1701-D, but that's just the age I grew up in!! Starfleet Galaxy Class will always have a special place in my heart)

If my life depended on picking a favourite, I suppose I would have to go with the Daedalus class ships from Stargate SG1/Atlantis. IMHO, the perfect mix of reality and nice design. Long Live the USS George Hammond.

A7362725-0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

old hippy wrote: »
    In the film it was, not so in the BBC show

I facepalmed when I saw the movie version of the HoG. Adams had a very specific description of the ship in the books, and the movie just spat in the face of that. Looked like a feckin' teapot!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Some of the EVE Online designs are just sex in space. Rifter, I'm looking at you.

Honourable mention goes to the USS Sulaco from Aliens and dem dropships. :o

Advertisement