Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Mortgage Recalculation

Options
  • 07-02-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever heard of this.

My Sister-in-law rang me saying that Ulster Bank recalculated her mortgage at the start of January and increased her repayments by 9 euro. She's on a tracker so it shouldn't be due to an interest rate hike.

She said she rang the bank and was told that the Bank recalculates the mortgage every year. I'd never heard of a mortgage being recalculated on a yearly basis, I understood all calculations are done at the start of the mortgage.

Anyone ever had this issue with Ulster Bank before?

Thanks.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Have an UB tracker and have never had an increase since rates began falling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

She get TRS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Nervous Wreck you may be on to something there, it could be the TRS, I originally discounted that as she said it was her mortgage repayment, which would be separate from TRS but she often is a little inaccurate with her information.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

but she often is a little inaccurate with her information.

Sorry - off topic - but I love this as a euphemism! I know so many people like that. I'm gonna remember that! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Nervous Wreck you may be on to something there, it could be the TRS, I originally discounted that as she said it was her mortgage repayment, which would be separate from TRS but she often is a little inaccurate with her information.

That's the most likely answer alright!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

We've a mortgage with Ulster Bank and at the beginning of the year they calculate the monthly payment by subtracting the TRS amount from the monthly amount and only take the calculated payment.

Advertisement