Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland - Rip-off

Options
  • 08-02-2014 12:10am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

Just read the enclosed documentation with the my Credit Card statement today.

From 13th March they are going charging interest on Cash Advances from the date of withdrawal rather than it be included in the Interest Free period with all other purchases.

Similarly they are charging interest on Cross Border Handling Fee's which are incurred as soon as you leave the Eurozone.

I am closing my account with Bank of Ireland over this and I hope many others do the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Stinicker[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your contacting us on Boards.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please see a similar thread we have replied to here on Boards relating to these changes.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are very sorry to hear as a result of the changes to the interest free period on cash advances you are closing your account with us. Although, we really hope you will reconsider. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you would like to contact Card Services on 0818 251 251 or from abroad on 00353 5677 57747, a representative can assist you with any further queries you may have. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]If we can assist you further here, please contact us again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Thanks for raising this OP, I didn't get the notification yet, the final straw on BOI charges for me, luckily there are far better and cheaper banks just waiting for my cash, and at least a 160euro a year saving for me by moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Imimmfn[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We're very sorry to hear you are considering changing banks.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If we may mention, you can see some tips here how to reduce fees on a Personal Current Account with us.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you would like to receive assistance in relation to the changes with the interest free period on Credit Card cash advances, you can contact a representative within our Card Services Department by calling 0818 251 251 or from abroad 00353 5677 57747.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If we can be of further assistance here, please feel free to contact us again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement