Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaks at work.

Options
  • 08-02-2014 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I work in a fast food restaurant to which I receive my first break which is 45 minutes and unpaid and a second break which is 15 minutes paid. Recently the shift managers in the restaurant have been sending me and most of the other staff on breaks only after working for just 1 hour sometimes. This means sometimes working 6 hours or more when coming back off break until the end of the shift with only 15 minutes to rest.

The work in the restaurant is fast paced and quite physical a lot of the time, used to be a minimum of 2 hours before we could go on break but now it doesn't seem to matter. A lot of the staff complain of being extremely tired seems to be getting worse. The past few weeks I've mostly been sent after just an hour and a half but today it was 1 hour 15 mins.

I've looked on a lot of sites for information 15 minutes for 4 1/2 hours and 30 mins after 6 hours but that's about all of it.

Anybody have any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

birchster wrote: »
    Hi, I work in a fast food restaurant to which I receive my first break which is 45 minutes and unpaid and a second break which is 15 minutes paid. Recently the shift managers in the restaurant have been sending me and most of the other staff on breaks only after working for just 1 hour sometimes. This means sometimes working 6 hours or more when coming back off break until the end of the shift with only 15 minutes to rest.

The work in the restaurant is fast paced and quite physical a lot of the time, used to be a minimum of 2 hours before we could go on break but now it doesn't seem to matter. A lot of the staff complain of being extremely tired seems to be getting worse. The past few weeks I've mostly been sent after just an hour and a half but today it was 1 hour 15 mins.

I've looked on a lot of sites for information 15 minutes for 4 1/2 hours and 30 mins after 6 hours but that's about all of it.

Anybody have any advice?

Put up with the same kind of bs when I worked in fastfood places years ago, except the 15 min break was unpayed also. Back then there was nothing extra earned for work Sunday. Bank holidays were worth time and 1/3.

Advertisement