Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at superquinn c'land

Options
  • 08-02-2014 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Have never been but wondering if there is underground parking here to save going outside? I'll have a toddler and new baby with me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

There is but you'll still be exposed to the elements for a small bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

FirstIn wrote: »
    There is but you'll still be exposed to the elements for a small bit.

Also it is normally locked up and not used.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

Ok. Good to know - Tx guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

There is one there but it has been locked for quite a few months now.

Plastik wrote: »
    There is one there but it has been locked for quite a few months now.

Were there security issues? Or does anyone know why they locked it?

• Advertisement

Ok. Sorry wasn't aware of that. But sure it's turned out a grand day altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Shazerina wrote: »
    Were there security issues? Or does anyone know why they locked it?

I think they were having a problem with the roof leaking, anytime i parked in there when it was raining the place was full of big puddles

Ok. Sorry wasn't aware of that. But sure it's turned out a grand day altogether.

Firstin - I was asking not stating!! Another poster has clarified. Don't want to be accused of starting malicious rumours!

It was the fact that it's closed that I wasn't aware of.

At this stage I'm fairly sure the OP has managed to compete her trip.

Edit - The OP is you. Did you make it ok?

It was the fact that it's closed that I wasn't aware of.

At this stage I'm fairly sure the OP has managed to compete her trip.

Edit - The OP is you. Did you make it ok?

I sent the other half instead!! 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

I could be totally wrong but had heard there had been cars that were robbed burnt out in the underground car park so that's reason they had it locked. Now this was years ago I heard it, don't know if opened since as never use the underground part.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

from Friday it'll be SuperValu carpark - not sure what effect this has Charlesland property values.

Whatever the shop is called and whether it impacts on property prices (I think Loyatemu had his tongue in his cheek when he typed that) they've done a fine job of upgrading the shop for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Whatever the shop is called and whether it impacts on property prices (I think Loyatemu had his tongue in his cheek when he typed that) they've done a fine job of upgrading the shop for the better.

Agree... just have to hope they jave enough turn over to keep fish etc fresh at all times...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

downstairs cpark is permanently closed, trouble with kids messin' about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

downstairs cpark is permanently closed, trouble with kids messin' about.

Yes my hubby asked why it was locked and was told by a staff member that teenagers were up to no good, dont know how to politely put it but he said something along the lines of if the carpark remained open there would be superquinn babies before long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

girl24 wrote: »
    Yes my hubby asked why it was locked and was told by a staff member that teenagers were up to no good, dont know how to politely put it but he said something along the lines of if the carpark remained open there would be superquinn babies before long!!

Ha! Well all I know is that they were smashing the lights frequently with footballs, cycling/skateboarding around in front of cars, and leaving their rubbish everywhere :confused:

Advertisement