Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashed blue cheese

Options
  • 08-02-2014 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

I have some which is about to go off next week. Anyone got some recipes? I'd like to try it in hot food rather than salads etc.

Edit - should be Cashel!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I like to use it in pasta bakes, make a roux, then break the blue cheese into it wit some black pepper. Layer the pasta with Parma ham, and pour the blue cheese roux over the top. Crumble some more cheese on top and bake. Simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Make a blue cheese sauce to have with wings, fajita, enchiladas. Yum!
    I usually add the blue cheese ( softened for a few seconds in a microwave) to a cream cheese and add a bit of garlic and mayo. I am sure there are more technical recipes out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Roast butternut squash, toast pecan nuts, crumble blue cheese, put in big bowl, drizzle over maple syrup.

I eat bowls of this on its own, but it's good as a side dish with chicken, turkey etc.

Advertisement